• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3640-G profiles

Jim Hill

What profile should I be using for 3640-G with my SP-300

The vectors I create are all done using C.Y.M.K. colors.

Thanks Jim

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The profile which best prints the colors you desire. The short story is, if you want the best, vibrant, color and want to have control over it, you have to profile the material yourself, in the environment you're in, on the material you print on, on the printer brand and model you use, using the inks you use. Anything short of that, you just print a sample using multiple profiles and choose the one you want. There is no concrete answer anyone can give you about that question. Any answer that works for you is purely coincidence. It is much better to use trial and error on your own system to get a good idea on how different settings affect your specific setup. I have personally noticed that 3M and Oracal profiles made for Mutoh printers using a Flexi RIP have worked best for my customers. But if I moved to a high humidity, lower elevation location, that would change and I would have to re-evaluate and test to find the best setup for that location.

Jim Hill

Thanks

The profile I have been using for the past few years came from Oracal but the reds are getting lighter and that is why I thought I might try another profile.

Maybe I will go back to Oracal again and see what else might work.

Thanks Jim

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The profile I have been using for the past few years came from Oracal but the reds are getting lighter and that is why I thought I might try another profile.

Maybe I will go back to Oracal again and see what else might work.

Thanks Jim

It can't hurt to print some color charts using a few different profiles. I know a lot of shops who do. If your reds were looking good and now they aren't as vibrant, it is possible you have ink flow issues on the printer itself. If magenta starts to drop out, reds start to look more orange/faded red.

Correct Color

Could it be a head going bad?

My magenta and yellow head is showing some drop out.

That's a possibility.

If you ran a profile and were happy with its results, and now your results are different, what's certain is that what has changed is not the profile. It's something else. Profiles are computer files that characterize a device producing color in a certain state, and unless altered or corrupted in some way, they cannot change.

What can change is the state of the device. If it does not stay in the state in which it was profiled, then that profile will no longer deliver the same results.

MikePro

+1
your printer needs maintenance, not profiling.

you can allow a tolerance of 5-10% nozzle dropout, but once you start exceeding it.... you'll notice a drastic change in print color/quality. no profile can tell your printer to start firing clogged nozzles.

Jim Hill

Thanks to everyone who offered help.

I have known for a while the the red and yellow print head showed some dropout but I now thinking of replacing this head.

Do I purchase an OEM head or there other heads that are just as good? I know it is a DX-4 head made by Epson I believe.

I would love to have my local Roland Dealer replace the head because they have one of the best techs in the country working for them but their trip charge is $300.00 dollars and I only live within about 5 or 6 miles at most from their office. Time wise driving is about 10 minutes so $300.00 seems like a lot of money and then I think it is something like $150.00 @ hour

Jim

Sign Works

I have known for a while the the red and yellow print head showed some dropout but I now thinking of replacing this head.

Do I purchase an OEM head or there other heads that are just as good? I know it is a DX-4 head made by Epson I believe.

I would love to have my local Roland Dealer replace the head because they have one of the best techs in the country working for them but their trip charge is $300.00 dollars and I only live within about 5 or 6 miles at most from their office. Time wise driving is about 10 minutes so $300.00 seems like a lot of money and then I think it is something like $150.00 @ hour

Jim

Solventinkjet.com has your DX-4 printhead. Comes with tech manual (installation instructions) & free phone tech support.

http://www.solventinkjet.com/roland-dx4-print-head-solvent/