• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3M 40C question

CanuckSigns

Stupid question time. Does 3m IJ40c have the same adhesive as IJ180c? I know the vinyls are very different, but as far as the adhesive goes, are they similar? does the IJ40c have the same removability, repositionability etc?

reQ

air release pattern is different compared to cv3, but yes, feels a lot like cv3 when installing.

Gary Wiant

FYI it's not IJ40c it is just 40c and from I've been told by my 3m Rep is that the adhesive is the same, it may look different but they are technically the same adhesive.

Enjoy

DirtyD

The adhesive is the same - it's a very good material, i like it a lot. It's polymeric calendared - it's better than regular calendared but not as good as cast.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
IJ40C was discontinued. 40C is new designation, and has 3 finishes. I considered switching to 40C instead of IJ35C but the cost prohibits it, for most of our intermediate applications.