• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3M Control Tac - No Adhesive

idsignsil

I got a full roll of 15" 3M Control Tac vinyl to run on the Edge FX. When I first got the roll I noticed that it had the yellow tag sticking out of it, meaning that there is a splice in the vinyl. No big deal, I have had this before. So, I run about 8 yards and then cut the splice out so that I can continue to run more vinyl. After I cut the splice, the vinyl just falls off of the backer paper. There is no adhesive anywhere on this vinyl. So I roll out a few feet, then some more, then a few more, still no adhesive. I have a call into the vendor, just waiting to hear back. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I am wondering if 3M had a bad batch come off of the line? Now I have a 40 yard roll of vinyl that has no adhesive, and a customer who wants their stuff tomorrow.:frustrated:

idsignsil

It is 3M Gerber 180 Control Tac Plus White 2 mil. The core tag says "Gerber 180, CTRLTAC White". The backer says "3M Controltac Graphic Marking System". It looks just like all of the previous rolls that we have used, just no adhesive.

My supplier is sending me a new roll that will be here tomorrow, and they are sending me a label so that i can send this roll back so that they can take a look at it.