• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3M Envision LX480cv3

randomsignguy

Wondering if anyone has had any experience with this material (good or bad)? I plan on using for vehicle wraps and watercraft wraps and haven't heard a lot about it.

Posted in the wrong forum sorry!

ericm

With latex it prints well ..but we have had nothing but problems with the material it's self.......went back to ij180

Split76

With latex it prints well ..but we have had nothing but problems with the material it's self.......went back to ij180

could you be more spesific? What kind of problems? We love it, haven't had any problems.. We use only avery 1105 / envision and 3M seems to be faster to install and stretches more in deep recesses.

ericm

could you be more spesific? What kind of problems? We love it, haven't had any problems.. We use only avery 1105 / envision and 3M seems to be faster to install and stretches more in deep recesses.
split,
we are having problems when installing we are getting white stretch marks with it stretching less than 5% we're getting brown spots in the material we are running three HP 370s and one 570 and it doesn't matter what machine we run it through we're getting the same results I sent 3M a bunch of pictures they're working on it right now IMG_5676.jpg IMG_5673.jpg IMG_5675.jpg

heyskull

I have recently been on a course on 3Ms new 480 material.
To say this material will change the game is an understatement.
It is a totally memory free material which when formed onto a surface does not return to its original shape.
3M will not tell you what PVC free properties it holds and it seems to be a very very closely guarded secret as to what the material really is!!
We have wrapped 6 vehicles in this material with no issues at all.
Supposedly the issues with stretch marks and spots are a profile issue, this is what we were told.

As a fore note to this 3M are to discontinue their 380 range of cast wraps very soon so we will all have to get used too this material.

SC

randomsignguy

Thanks for the input guys. Hopefully it works out we have not tried to remove it yet, but hopefully it works out. Would like to replace the IJ380 especially if they are going to discontinue it.

ericm

I have recently been on a course on 3Ms new 480 material.
To say this material will change the game is an understatement.
It is a totally memory free material which when formed onto a surface does not return to its original shape.
3M will not tell you what PVC free properties it holds and it seems to be a very very closely guarded secret as to what the material really is!!
We have wrapped 6 vehicles in this material with no issues at all.
Supposedly the issues with stretch marks and spots are a profile issue, this is what we were told.

As a fore note to this 3M are to discontinue their 380 range of cast wraps very soon so we will all have to get used too this material.

SC

its definitely not a profile issue !!!!!!! 3M is aware of the material getting random spots It is definitely a material flaw whether it was a bad batch or something

heyskull

its definitely not a profile issue !!!!!!! 3M is aware of the material getting random spots It is definitely a material flaw whether it was a bad batch or something

Typical supplier telling me "their was only issues if the correct profile was not used".
Probably a bad batch.
Boy you are gonna have fun getting them to reimburse you as I have had issues with this before.

SC

Split76

It's great until you have to remove it.
Leaves a lot of adhesive.

as much as we love to install it, i have to admit this too. We have removed our own wraps from.. hmm 3-4 vehicles for re-wrapping and 50% of removed material has left the glue to car. It doesn't matter how we remove it. Heat / no heat / which direction to pull. Before wrapping, all prepping was done with avery surface cleaner. All printed with same profile / hp 360. All new vehicles. And yes, i know prepping is supposed to do with 3m surface preparation fluid but we just hate it... and when the glue stays on vehicle, it's a hell of a job to remove. Lot's of rapid remover and too much time. That sucks. ..must be someking of difference between rolls?