• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

8.6 vs 10

JLSignsLLC

Upgraded to 10 from 8.6 v2 about a month ago. Starting to notice when loading larger files that it takes longer to load in 10 than it did in 8.6. Is this just my imagination or has anyone experienced a similar situtation? Any help is help. Thanks, Jason

AUTO-FX

I had the same experience. I doubled my ram to compensate but it wasnt enough. I have since replaced my computer and all is well. (AMD FX processor)

jayhawksigns

I guess that I never really paid attention, whenever I am opening larger files is when I check email or Signs101.

I did notice that with the 10.5 PDF upgrade that sending files to the Production Manager has sped up quite a bit.

And there is always the option that Auto-FX said, upgrade your PC. Its always nice getting a new PC, Intel i7 here.

CS-SignSupply

With the introduction of the PDF RIP Engine, files are handled differently from that of 8.x and may account for the slower load time, but faster RIP Conversion.