• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A New font

SignosaurusRex

Interesting, It has a certain stretch for elegance and flair. Unfortunately, after close scrutiny, it doesn't do anything for me.
To be blunt....
Type is Sexy! That one makes me think....... Old French Whore.

On one hand....The anatomy leaves nothing to be desired.
The "Beaks" are not attractive on most, appearing to have been broken at some point and loosely set.
The "Ears" on some characters, seem to hang out in space, almost non-existent.
"Shoulders" are weak and appear to droop.
"Tails" hang out in an unsightly fashion and in the way of other more important things.
"Legs" are dis-proportioned.
"Eyes" are loppy.
"Finials" look like something long left over.
"Tittles" are out of line off to the side....what's with that?
Last but not least.....the "Crotch's" are over-loaded.

On the other hand.......it might be okay in a desperate pinch.

...JMHO!

http://www.fontshop.com/glossary/

Last edited:

Colin

Ya, I'm not crazy about it either; the thin strokes are too thin for my liking (and legibility). Just thought I'd post it for interest sake.

SignosaurusRex

Ya, I'm not crazy about it either; the thin strokes are too thin for my liking (and legibility). Just thought I'd post it for interest sake.
Nothing wrong with that at all! Never know when it will be something that will knock ones socks off! :wink:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
guido.gif
We'll always have Paris ... but I'm concerned that the price may go up. Might be better to commit early to owning that beauty.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
It looks a little "meh" to me. If I was going after that sort of look I'd rather set some type in Didot and be done with it.

The extreme contrast between thick and thin strokes doesn't make it very useful at all for signs and other forms of outdoor advertising. The type would have to be gigantic in size to be legible at appropriate distances. It would be crazy to try to spec that Paris typeface for any channel letter use.