• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

...about this twitter thing

ucmj22

So i've been thinking on this twitter thing, I have an account, dont log on all that much, maybe once a week to see what Neal Boortz is sayin, but not really to post anything myself. But I thought it might be nice to make an account for the shop, and tweet about what we are working on and such. And if clients follow us, they might see me tweet that their project is done before the secretary gets a chance to call them, which could be cool for them. maybe have discounts only available to followers. But then I thought that local competition might use this information against us. Anyone use twitter like this? Thoughts on the idea?

Dan Antonelli

We just feed our business Facebook posts to Twitter. We have about 700 followers on FB and 300 or so roughly on Twitter.... Hard enough to maintain one account - so we like that setup since it's automatic.

Using it effectively is all about top of mind advertising, without annoying the 'followers'. And keeping the information current; relevant and useful. We try to limit it to a few posts a week.

Freese

I use twitter for strictly personal reasons...i follow sports writers, beat writers, athletes, and some random people...

it's the best tool for breaking news and news relevant to the people you follow

Mike F

If you use Wordpress, there's a plugin called "Social" that just came out last month, whenever you post something to your blog it'll also post it to your facebook and twitter accounts for you.