• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

adobe CC 9.95

royster13

No.....It is an offer to a very narrow niche....Adobe is doing well and my shares keep going up....Next earnings report is due September 17...

WildWestDesigns

No.....It is an offer to a very narrow niche....

Why is Adobe bothering with (as you put it) "a very narrow niche"? If they are doing very well, there is very little incentive for them to do this.

Adobe is doing well and my shares keep going up....Next earnings report is due September 17...

Be very careful about numbers by themselves. Even earning reports can be misleading. Always make sure that you are looking at the accounting notes in the back. A lot of "dirt" that gets thrown back there that might make you think twice.

There is also a thing or two about Adobe specifically that doesn't make me feel quite like the CC approach is as optimistic as some would think it is. Other motivators that play a part into this as well.

Techman

earnings reports?

Might want to check again. Last quarterly income report was only down about 21.7 %

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator

Actually a la carte is already being offered but at $20 per program. I signed up for the Illustrator cc at $9.99 per month but the price jumps to $19.99 after one year

From the link....

"This new subscription plan was designed to be more affordable following a wave of complaints from photographers who said that a full membership subscription to Adobe’s Creative Cloud was too expensive."

Can we get a wave of vector artists to complain too and bring down the price of Illustrator? Even better I would take PS and AI for $9.99 for eternity should they stick with the software rental business

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
No.....It is an offer to a very narrow niche....Adobe is doing well and my shares keep going up....Next earnings report is due September 17...

Narrow niche? Don't you think photoshop is the most widely used Adobe software? I think it could also be due to photoshop having more competitors than illustrator or indesign. Those 2 programs usually only compete with Coreldraw and Quark

royster13

Narrow niche? Don't you think photoshop is the most widely used Adobe software? I think it could also be due to photoshop having more competitors than illustrator or indesign. Those 2 programs usually only compete with Coreldraw and Quark

Would have never thought that!....I can not remember the last time I used Photoshop....I guess I am not aware how popular it is....

WildWestDesigns

Would have never thought that!....I can not remember the last time I used Photoshop....I guess I am not aware how popular it is....

Photoshop is Adobe's flagship product. I don't use it much either, in fact, for me GIMP is a direct replacement (and I'm pretty sure Adobe is aware of how serious of a contender GIMP is) for what I do.

Ai doesn't have that same consideration with Inkscape, but if discontent continues, I'm sure Inkscape will have enough people to update it as quickly as it seems GIMP is.

Baz

Illustrator and Photoshop is a must. Or should i say ... A combination of vector and bitmap editing software is a must in today's sign industry.

iprint

At I times I feel bent over a barrel with CC, but then I think that it is just the cost of doing business. If they do decide to continue on with a subscription/rental software, I think they should price it on a sliding scale. The longer that you are an uninterrupted subscriber the less you should have to pay.

WildWestDesigns

If they do decide to continue on with a subscription/rental software, I think they should price it on a sliding scale. The longer that you are an uninterrupted subscriber the less you should have to pay.

I would imagine that if they were going to do any type of price scale it would be in terms of how long you sign up for. 1 year gets you this price, 2 years gets you that price etc.

iprint

They wouldn't even let me pay for a year in advance. Now I have to submit an expense report every month as I do not have a company credit card. :banghead: