• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Adobe CS4 Released

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Actually I think it's October but close enough. Other than opening up customers' cs4 files, I cannot see any compelling reason to upgrade this time

SignBurst PCs

Me neither! 1 exception... 64bit support for photoshop! *drool*

This should be worth the price all by itself (if you are using a 64 Bit Vista system).

I talked to the Photoshop Scientist (developer) in charge of performance while I was at Photoshop World. He was showing me his system setup with 32GB of RAM and Photoshop was able to 29GB of it! I can't wait!

Chris OBrien

Actually...

I read a review of Illlustrator CS4 earlier today that showcased some pretty handy features. My favorite was the "blob brush" which actually expands the brush as you go, and joins overlapping paths. For us who use AI for cutting vinyl, I think that would save a lot of time in going from "design" to "ready to cut." And the tabs will make going back and forth from one file to another a lot quicker. I HATE minimizing and maximizing windows, it's such a pain!

Here's the review I read:

http://www.gomediazine.com/design-tip/product-tip-review/adobe-illustrator-cs4-preview/

Rodi

The upgrade from Marketing… CS4. I know I am jaded on this front, but no competition makes me very suspect that there is something for a large population of the user base. Generally all the CS upgrades have been minimal.
Who Cares?

SignBurst PCs

Apparently, they have made performance increases, even in the 32 bit side. Adobe made a point of demonstrating this at the convention. They were manipulating large images quite a bit faster than in the past, with equivalent hardware. It was pretty impressive.

There were also a lot of little features that caught my eye, such as the intelligent scaling. They made a number of improvements in the video and 3D portions of Photoshop, but this isn't of major consequence to the sign industry.

Service Sign Co

I understand now Trest, cs4 is something to look forward to especially with the sunburst systems or a precision workstation, my PC is far from that

cptcorn

adad
This should be worth the price all by itself (if you are using a 64 Bit Vista system).

I talked to the Photoshop Scientist (developer) in charge of performance while I was at Photoshop World. He was showing me his system setup with 32GB of RAM and Photoshop was able to 29GB of it! I can't wait!

YupYup... I have 16gb in my rig right now... stupid scratch discs!!! Cut the middle Man! (or fake disc)

SignBurst PCs

YupYup... I have 16gb in my rig right now... stupid scratch discs!!! Cut the middle Man! (or fake disc)

Unfortunately, I don't see the scratch disk deal going away quite yet.

We are seeing temp files over 400GB in some cases. I know that it isn't a 1-for-one exchange on the RAM/Scratch, but I tend to think we are still going to be using scratch disks for a while.

BUT, with more RAM, we sure should be using it less!

cptcorn

adad
Unfortunately, I don't see the scratch disk deal going away quite yet.

We are seeing temp files over 400GB in some cases. I know that it isn't a 1-for-one exchange on the RAM/Scratch, but I tend to think we are still going to be using scratch disks for a while.

BUT, with more RAM, we sure should be using it less!
right!

Mason