• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Adobe cs5

SebastienL

Just want to make it official and declare CS5 as the worst collection of junk applications unleashed onto the public by any publisher, all categories combined.

I though CS meant "Creative Suit" but now, for me, it stands for "CRASH SPECIAL"

I've been using it for a couple of months now, and I've stop counting how many times any of it's application crash in a day.

Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat... ALL JUNK!!

petepaz

cs5 already
we are still using cs3 and that works just fine for us but we are starting to get the files from customers that won't open and we are going to have update soon
sucks i don't think there are any great revisions that are helping our business any just taking our money for the upgrade

rfulford

CS4 was a nice upgrade with some great new features. The biggest in my opinion was multiple page support in Illustrator.

I too initially had some problems with CS5. In my case the issue was with my display profile in MacOS 10.6. As it turned out, InDesign did not like the icc profile for my display. Every time I tried to change the display profile, my system prefs would crash. Apple actually came out with a fix a few days later which removed my old profile. I have been running a generic profile since and have not had any CS5 problems.

"Deposit Please"

Never ever had problems, been running adobe illustrator & photoshop since cs. Here i am today up to cs4 without a glitch. I don't have cs5 yet, so i really can't say. Sorry to hear your having issues.

Mason

Ran it as a beta tester and now the full version since it came out, never so much as a hiccup. Id say it was operator error, or operating system error.. pun intended

threeputt

My copy just arrived last week FedEx. Still in the box. I'm loading it this week after my computer guy gets done building my new machine.

Kemble

Been running CS5 for about 2 months now. Run it everyday, not 1 crash. Sorry your having problems. It's most likely from the pr0n you downloaded? Think it might be time for a reformat?

SebastienL

Ok, It seems it is just me.

I'll check my settings... This is an upgrade from CS4, which I had no problem with. My Mac is running 10.5.8, I have all the updates from Apple and Adobe.

Illustrator crashes often after doing The Vector Doctor's super "place pdf and flatten transpenrcy trick".

This morning, I had a 87 meg pdf I know was created in Illy... So, I'm stumped.

Thank for the feedback.

royster13

I talked to a supplier than has 30+ art stations......They run CS5 on a handful and say it has not been a problem for them...

rfulford

I can't remember the last time my mac crashed.

Semantics.....
The mac never crashed. Just the system preferences when I tried to look at the display profile. This was a brand new iMac running 10.6. I profiled the monitor, installed CS5 and started having problems with InDesign. I tracked the whole problem down when I noticed my Adobe Bridge settings were not carrying over to InDesign and I could not access the color settings in InDesign. I tried to remove the monitor profile and the system prefs would quit every time I went to the color tab of the display properties. About 3 days later a system update fixed the whole thing.Thrilling!

SignBurst PCs

I have personally seen (customer's shop) CS5 have some pretty serious issues on Mac computers of late. The issues that I saw were connected to drivers released in a recent Snow Leopard update. This was confirmed by Adobe. These particular systems were recent iMacs and Photoshop was the only app with this issue. PS was extremely slow and prone to daily crashes.

My immediate thought was video card, but I was only partially correct. It was actually video card drivers and the symptoms were the same with various cards. The symptoms didn't start until a recent Snow Leopard update and will hopefully be resolved in an upcoming update.