• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Adobe Illustrator Variable Data Plugin

jasonx

Hey guys,

I am looking for something I can specify as a template and have a portion that's variable data so like consecutive numbers.

But I want the plugin to replicate the artwork say 7 columns across and as many rows is as needed to fulfill the data merge.

Does something like this exist?

Rodi

Do you have InDesign or Quark? They would be better candidates for Variable Data.

Alas, I was wrong there is some stuff for Illustrator:

http://www.adobe.com/products/vdp/creativepros.html

Do a Google search and you will find a lot more.

I use HP product SmartStream (used to be Yours Truly) for my Indigo press. It is real nice, you can do a lot with it

Last edited:

jasonx

I've got indesign on one of the machines. If this can do what I want I'll use that then.

jasonx

Rodi,

I have a label with text on it and the client wants them consecutively numbered from 101100 to 101700. Because I use a graphtec I have to lay them all out and apply the reg marks before printing the job.

IvanDD

I ended up using these scripts. They work a treat. They aren't totally automated for what I want them for or I am not using them correctly but it reduces my work greatly instead of doing it by hand.

that link is dead, can you tell me what you found?