• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Adobe indesign created pdf won't export

signguy 55

Hey all. I have received a pdf of a logo the printer says is created in Indesign. I can open it in Adobe reader, I go to "save as" and click the pdf option. Once saved I try to import into CorelDraw, I have versions 8 and 12. The pdf imports but is terribly pixilated and unusable. Flexi won't even open it, it says the file is corrupted and I've run out of ideas.

The printer has, on my suggestion, tried to save as a lower version, but she didn't say what it was. I seem to remember the higher versions of Adobe's programs were having a problem with other older software programs importing files. (We are both running PCs.)

What can I do or say to her to get a usable file? This is going to be a digital print.

If anyone wants to take a look at it let me know. Thanks in advance.

thinksigns

SnowFlake
I'm curious as to why you are opening it in Reader and saving as a pdf. Isn't the file she sent you already a .pdf?

Last edited:

signswi

I'm curious as to why you are opening it in Reader and saving as a pdf. Isn't the file she sent you already a .pdf?

This. What's the deal?

Have you tried exporting it as an EPS from the PDF? Or opening it in Illustrator? Once it's in EPS form Flexi/Corel should be able to deal with it fine. If not they're worse programs than I thought ;P.