• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Adobe products

knucklehead

I've been looking for an older copy of Adobe Illustrator, mostly on E-bay. I want a real, legitimate copy that someone has up-graded and no longer needs. So, then I punched it in on Craigslist, just to see. WOW! It seems CL is slap full of Master Suites of all kinds, AI, PS, and everything imaginable made by Adobe. Even cheaper than the internet scammers, and all of em' claims to be legit. I even called one guy in ATL this afternoon, he's at a real computer shop. Yep, some of them even have a phone number, some have a business listed. He even went so far as to tell me I could come by XYZ computer store, and pick it up in person. For $119.00.

So what's up with these guy's, pirates? Crooks, scammers?? How do they get away with it? Look in any city on CL, and there they are.

Mainframe

Take your laptop with you, buy the software from them & ask for a wifi connection, load the software right there in front of them & register it, if it is ok to register, Adobe will let you know right away, if not, get your money back.

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
when you upgrade you still need the actual CD or serial number. So legally they cannot sell it to you without transferring ownership

Newer versions are limited to 2 installs. So if the user has not "unregistered" their copy you could be limited to 1 install or none at all. Buyer beware

Vicg

check out baseline.com they have adobe pretty cheap brand new web premium set it looks like there selling academic version to the public.

luggnut

I've been looking for an older copy of Adobe Illustrator, mostly on E-bay.

are you looking for just illustrator or one of the suites? if it is an older copy ? how old? CS, 10, 8? if it is rather old then it would sell for much so it may be legit... but i'm no expert on the subject.

i just looked on software surplus web site and you can get the CS3 design premium for $379... thats photoshop, illustrator, indesign etc... not the latest version but close to it, and you can get illyCS4 for $329

http://www.softwaresurplus.com/Guaranteed/Low.Prices?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=Adobe

Last edited:

knucklehead

Well I was looking for a copy of Illustrator mostly. I'm a Corel user, but some AI files, whether they be imported or opened in CDR, just seem to act stupid. I thought maybe I could get a copy of AI, just for opening these files, and make life a little easier.

My main point was these people selling obvious bogus copys out in the open on Craigslist. It's not something I have to have. Maybe when my economic stimulus check comes in, I'll check into getting a new suite, but until then I'll keep looking around for a used legit issue.

Beware of buying Adobe products from any of these discount places. If they are not an authorized Adobe reseller once you have installed twice your software is no longer anygood. I bought PS C3 on ebay, it was brand new in the package. Registered it with adobe with no problems. 8 months later when I upgraded my laptop it would no longer accept my serial number, after calling Adobe they said they could not help because I did not buy from an authorized dealer and they could not verify that it wasn't a copy.

luggnut

My main point was these people selling obvious bogus copys out in the open on Craigslist.

what i was saying is depending on what version it is... if it is old. then that may be the going rate $119 for illustrator 10 or whatever older version... if you can get a new version for (CS4) for around $300. so it may be legit?