• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Adobe vs. Mimaki Output

signsnowphilly

I often find myself wishing that my screen was better calibrated to the actual output of the printer.
Has anyone a quick solution to this problem.
Recently today I uploaded the ONYX profiles into Adobe, but I am not sure what that is going to do yet.
If anyone has any input please let me know.

Thanks,
Meghan

GK

No quick fix, your monitor needs to be profiled to the likes of your printer output. The problem may lie in the monitor though because many older monitors which are not suitable to be used to perfect color calibration lack the output to compare it to your prints. Just something to keep in mind.

GK

buy, borrow, pay a tech to calibrate it...any of those 3 work. Its worth buying. Especially if you have more then one monitor to calibrate. Then when you are ready to move up to do your own printer profiles there are solutions for you in that area as well -- and now you will already have a general idea on how to write profiles, which is absolutely invaluable to your printing.