• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

advice for bulding a web site (beginner here)

chili

I want to make a web site for my sign shop. Mainly just a gallery of my work and contact information; no flash or bells/whistles. I would rather not use templates, but create a site from my own design. I can create what I want then site to look like in photoshop, but I am not sure what to do from there. Is there a program where I can take Photoshop files and convert them insto sometihg for the web? I am willing to learn a program, I just want to make sure I use the right one.

Thanks!

54warrior

Use the slice tool in photoshop then cut it up into all your little pieces and "Save for web and devices"

then choose Html and images in the save settings.

Go into your html editor and you will see what you get.

It's pretty straight forward after you mess with it.

DigitalBBQ

Photoshop is not a website graphic editor, even it wanted to be badly. It want to be a website graphice editor so bad that the ADOBE has to acquire FIREWORK.

You can import photoshop file into Firework, and do your website editing; and export right from FIREWORK into amazing website.

Dozen of plug-ins to use on Firework to make the site dynamic with pre-built JAVA and flash can be done in a few click without years of learning using Flash Animator. This software make many of the wegsite designer out of jobs many times over in the past.

Firework do understand PSD files and layers!!!!

Also Firework and Dreamweaver understand each other; they are brothers. Firework taken care of graphic for website, Dreamweaver can make your site even more dynamic with scripts, plug-ins, database intergration, etc.

(Don't tell anyone this secret!!!! )

Replicator

You can create an entire website with an image gallery having NO EXPERIENCE what-so-ever in about 10 minutes using ACDSee Pro.

DigitalBBQ

You can create an entire website with an image gallery having NO EXPERIENCE what-so-ever in about 10 minutes using ACDSee Pro.

For the entire website to be a photo gallery only!
Photoshop also has WEB PHOTO GALLERY function built-in since version 7.

On the photoshop menu: FILE > Automate (CS3) > Web Photo Gallery.
It will ask you for two folders A ) photo location B ) Where you want to export to.

Then it will create a nice web pages for photo gallery for you as well.
It can export your files into PDF gallery as well.

Replicator

for the entire website to be a photo gallery only!
Photoshop also has web photo gallery function built-in since version 7.

On the photoshop menu: File > automate (cs3) > web photo gallery.
It will ask you for two folders a ) photo location b ) where you want to export to.

Then it will create a nice web pages for photo gallery for you as well.
It can export your files into pdf gallery as well.

Ok . . . Ok . . .

chili

thanks for all of the input. it will take me a day to research and process each suggestion. I will report back once I am done.