• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Advice on cutting with printer/cutter combos

Scotchbrite

No comment
We recently acquired a UCJV300 and it's first printer we've had with an onboard plotter. I'm having a heck of a time figuring out the trick to taping to the take-up reel when the job also has a cut. I've either ended up with the print coming loose from the take-up or the print has gotten crooked enough to eventually lead to a substrate jam. So today I'm just letting it pile up on the floor which I hate because you inevitably end up with dirt on it.

I haven't had any issues with getting prints on the take-up for the jobs that don't have any cuts.

I'm curious if you all have come up with any tricks you'd be willing to share?

Thanks in advance.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Cut the first batch so you have some lead, after it is long enough to hit the reel, back it up and tape it to the core then advance to the next. It will roll it up after it is done cutting each section with some slack left. I just hit forward and let it tighten up before going on to the next batch.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
We just put a couple 54" vinyl boxes on the ground to catch the vinyl. At one point I created some adjustable baskets for our Roland but my design was flawed so I ripped it all off lol.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Hmm... I've never tried to tape it to the take up reel when I'm doing a Print/Cut. I just let it land on the floor, and pull it out as it prints.
FWIW - we have a nice carpeted floor that gets vacuumed weekly (almost).

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Hmm... I've never tried to tape it to the take up reel when I'm doing a Print/Cut. I just let it land on the floor, and pull it out as it prints.
FWIW - we have a nice carpeted floor that gets vacuumed weekly (almost).
You don't know what you're missing.