• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ai files importing into Corel then ghosting

SuncitySigns

Hey guys n girls

I have purchased some vehicle templates off the net.
The images have come through as ai images which has never been a drama in the past but once they are in corel you can see the whole image but can physically only edit a few parts of it. Some of the template can not be selected, edited in any way shape or form, yet some parts can.

The first image is what I can pull off the imported image and edit,the second is what it looks like when opened or imported and the third is if you drag over the whole image and press delete...that image is left behind and cannot be selected on at all. Even in wireframe view it still there as green wireframe but the editable pieces are red wireframe. Im at a lost.

Pleeeeaaaassseee HELP!!

Attachments

• Holden Colorado1.jpg
    Holden Colorado1.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 89
  • Holden Colorado2.jpg
    Holden Colorado2.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 85
  • Holden Colorado3.jpg
    Holden Colorado3.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 74

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Check your layers, one or more of them might be locked.
The layer lock icon is in the Object Manager docker on right -> looks like a pencil stub with a red circle/hash mark when active (locked). Click it to unlock.
If not, check to see if individual objects (paths) or groups are locked.
You will see a padlock icon next to them in the docker or you right click on the object in the workspace and unlock from there.

wayne k
guam usa

SuncitySigns

Thanks Wayne!! I tried the right click trick earlier (I am always using it) but it was the layer locker, didn't even think of that! :)