• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Alien Skin Eye Candy in Corel

I know Eye Candy isn't supported for Corel Draw, but I have seen where others are using it and say it works great. I am running a trial version of the new X7 and downloaded a trial version of Eye Candy. It all works like it should... except the effects are applied to the whole box and not just the text or shape. Its like the background isn't really transparent even though it says it is. I am also having the same problem in Flexi when using Eye Candy. Any ideas?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
My recollection of Eye Candy is that some of the effects don't work on fonts unless you first convert them to outlines aka paths.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Are you applying the effect to vector objects? If it is a bitmap then you will pick up the rectangle unless you mask it ... and then it may still not work correctly.

CanuckSigns

Separate layers don't seem to have an effect. I am trying to apply the effects to bitmaps, eye candy will only work with bitmaps.
I think you are mistaken, I use eye candy in Photoshop, and it only works on vector objects, it applies a bitmap fill to vector objects such as text, I'm pretty sure it doesn't work on bit maps.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I think you are mistaken, I use eye candy in Photoshop, and it only works on vector objects, it applies a bitmap fill to vector objects such as text, I'm pretty sure it doesn't work on bit maps.

Are there vector objects in Photoshop? I was laboring under the impression that Illustrator dealt primarily with vector objects and Photoshop dealt exclusively with bitmaps. Since the last time I even tried to use these was way back in the 90's and my lack of interest in either of these products approaches total, my memory dims.

Regardless, Eye Candy works exclusively with bitmaps. It does not deal with vector objects. And, yes, it works just fine with Corel. Assuming you have set the proper plug-in path. Unless you want to only work with rectangles, you want to deal with transparent bitmaps.

CanuckSigns

Are there vector objects in Photoshop? I was laboring under the impression that Illustrator dealt primarily with vector objects and Photoshop dealt exclusively with bitmaps. Since the last time I even tried to use these was way back in the 90's and my lack of interest in either of these products approaches total, my memory dims.

Regardless, Eye Candy works exclusively with bitmaps. It does not deal with vector objects. And, yes, it works just fine with Corel. Assuming you have set the proper plug-in path. Unless you want to only work with rectangles, you want to deal with transparent bitmaps.

I believe you can import vector objects into Photoshop, keeping them as vectors when the file is saved is another story...

thewvsignguy

I know Eye Candy isn't supported for Corel Draw, but I have seen where others are using it and say it works great. I am also having the same problem in Flexi when using Eye Candy. Any ideas?

When I use Eye Candy in Flexi each layer needs to be rasterized then masked over the Eye Candy effect.

If you are getting the effect in the whole box you need to select the object with the Magic Wand under the bitmap tools.

I know you are trying it in corel (in which I can not help) but I might be able to help a little with Flexi. Sent you a PM

When I use Eye Candy in Flexi each layer needs to be rasterized then masked over the Eye Candy effect.

If you are getting the effect in the whole box you need to select the object with the Magic Wand under the bitmap tools.

I know you are trying it in corel (in which I can not help) but I might be able to help a little with Flexi. Sent you a PM

First of all, I would like to thank thewvsignguy for taking time out of his day to talk with me over the phone about my problem, and I would also like to thank those who have replied here trying to help. I solved the problem, somehow the only thing causing the issue in Flexi is the margins when I went to rasterize the shape. If the margins were set to 0, it wouldn't work. I still have not solved the Corel issues...