• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

And that's why people don't like the cloud.....

CES020

http://mashable.com/2014/05/15/adobe-creative-cloud-down/

Yup, it's been down for over 26 hours now. Doesn't stop you from using your applications, but if you want to do some of the cloud based stuff or activate another app, you're out of luck.

Of course this is the day I needed to use an app I haven't used since switching computers. No such luck. Down, dead in the water. It won't allow you to even install a trial version.

It would be great if they learned something from it and changed the model moving forward, but I seriously doubt that will happen.

Techman

what is the total financial impact of this outage to the users of the cloud? It will be in the tens of millions in dollars from lost production.

CanuckSigns

Someone will probably find a way around the cloud...

Most likely, I remember a pc game when I was younger called ultima online, the game was very cheap to buy, but it had to be played online and they charged like $10 a month, so people figured out how to emulate the servers and create their own which allowed people to play with their friends for free...

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I think you can see from this white paper excerpt that the cloud is expanding at an unsustainable rate and will soon collapse down into a black hole.
Once over the event horizon our money will never be seen again.

>>>>>
5. Conclusions
We have obtained 8.5”×10” resolution maps, using NMA, in CS J =1−0 line emission
of the 50-km s−1 molecular cloud being adjacent to the Sgr A east shell in the Galactic Center
region. The molecular cloud is mainly concentrated in three different spatial components with
large velocity widths of up to 60 km s−1. The ”northwest” component is located at an apparent
contact point with the Sgr A east shell and is elongated along the boundary of the shell. The
interaction with the Sgr A east shell is responsible for large velocity width of the component.
The ”central” and ”southwest” components are located in the vicinity of the Sgr A east shell
but have no contact with it. We found a well-shaped circular molecular shell in the cloud.
This molecular shell has expanding motion of 28 km s−1. The expanding molecular shell
should cause large velocity dispersion in the other two components. A steep spectrum source is
detected in the central cavity of this molecular shell in the mm-wave continuum. This source is
not identified in the previous 5-GHz map. This continuum source may be an SNR surrounded
by an ionized sheath. The ionized sheath obscures the SNR at 5 GHz. From the aspect ratio
of the expanding molecular shell of 1.1, the magnetic field is estimated to be smaller than 100μ
Gauss in/around the cloud. The estimated weak magnetic field is consistent with on-going
active star formation in the cloud. The comparison among CS line emission, low frequency
continuum, and and millimeter continuum toward the 50-km s−1 molecular cloud suggests that
the molecular cloud is located in the Sgr A halo region.
>>>>

wayne k
guam usa

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Someone will probably find a way around the cloud...

Already been done if you know where to look.
I've seen all of the CC collection available for offline install and use in my travels.

As for me, I still run a legit version of CS6 and have no intentions of moving away from it.

synergy_jim

I installed all the apps they day we signed up, so no issues here.... I just looked and my cloud files are not down either..... maybe just a partial outage?

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
That is the same with all the pay to play games. Even World of Warcraft this happens. Occasionally my buddies who are hard core gamers want me to WoW with them and they play on https://www.molten-wow.com/ ... they even have it so you don't have to buy the software on there, just download and go.

Most likely, I remember a pc game when I was younger called ultima online, the game was very cheap to buy, but it had to be played online and they charged like $10 a month, so people figured out how to emulate the servers and create their own which allowed people to play with their friends for free...

AF

Cloud-01.jpg

rjssigns

Already been done if you know where to look.
I've seen all of the CC collection available for offline install and use in my travels.

As for me, I still run a legit version of CS6 and have no intentions of moving away from it.

I refuse to knuckle under to subscription schemes and will run my paid for Illustrator/Photoshop into the ground. Got enough bills already.

Once everyone is on the "payment plan" what incentive is there to upgrade or fix bugs? Or repair the cloud for that matter? Of course not being able to use what you paid for may be part of the experience...

Already looking at going back to Corel(where I started) and using Flexi-Pro and Xara more.

BTW CC was "cracked" within 3 weeks of roll out.:smile:

Baz

I don't use the cloud service but i sure do love using the latest updated versions of their software. I have to many clients that send me their artwork and having the latest version of Adobe programs sure helps allot.

I couldn't afford using older versions anymore.

WildWestDesigns

Ironically, my being up to date on my digitizing software means I'm behind the times with regard to Ai and DRAW (it's directly interfaced with DRAW (current version of Wilcom is paired with X6, even though I don't install that portion). So really, for a variety of reasons the best file to send me is an EPS 3 or 8 without gradients, if you have to use gradients send a high res bitmap. The reason being is that the Wilcom side doesn't do too well with showing the gradients, even though the Corel side can see it. And that's even with an up to date software that an unsightly amount compared to the disk versions of Adobe and I still have to ask for legacy versions.

Although, most of the time I get sent bitmaps anyway, so I'm able to stick with my CS6 just fine. The one thing that does have me worried is if my digitizing software goes to the cloud, I won't be able to escape it then and if they do the same % that Adobe does for their software (I think Adobe charges what 2% of what the Master Suite cost for their suite of programs on the cloud per month?) that's not going to be a fun monthly sting at all.

rjssigns

I don't use the cloud service but i sure do love using the latest updated versions of their software. I have to many clients that send me their artwork and having the latest version of Adobe programs sure helps allot.

I couldn't afford using older versions anymore.

I'm of the mind that the latest versions designed more to make life miserable for those of us using older versions. A way to push us into the cloud as it were.

As far as needing to have the latest iteration to keep up with clients. I don't. The designers I work with send me the file formats I ask for. Simple.

As far as having the latest version of Ai or Ps I haven't even begun to scratch the surface of either programs capability.(and I went to college and had brutal instructors) Every day I try to go a little deeper and push my skill set.

David Wright

I have the desktop version of Adobe Photoshop CS6.
I just purchased a Surface Pro 3 tablet and installed in on that, but to my dismay the interface is very tiny.
I found a work around, supposedly, go to preferences, experimental features and adjust from there.

One problem, that is only for CC users. All my updates will not include that feature.
By the short hairs they have you.