• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Anti-static

netsol

Geting rid of static electricity problems printing with the Mutoh is my project this weekend
i posted a few weeks ago & am sure that gino is correct & this (see attached) is caused by static electricity

i will be adding a decent sized humidifier (it will take a week to see a difference there)
i grounded the conveyor sections & will be wiping down with isopropyl (91%) & microfiber cloths

i am adding an aluminum bar 6" over the conveyor with metalic tinsel draping over the substrate connected to grounds mentioned above

Any tips or other suggestions,, from those who have been through this previously?

Attachments

• mutoh ink bleed.jpg
    mutoh ink bleed.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 41

unclebun

All I had to do was put a small humidifier on the floor right behind my printer. It was an Essick MA0800. I only had to run it on days when the heat was on and it was cold and dry outside. During those times I would fill it up and run it on high for about half an hour before starting to print. I could then turn it down and monitor the magnetic humidity gauge I put on the back of the printer to keep humidity above about 25-30%. During those cold snaps I would refill it at the end of day to run overnight, then refill again in the morning.

I didn't have to do anything else with the printer.