• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Any tips on removing background?

pisko

Not sure what my problem is with this one have done a few in the past maybe just one of those weeks. Trying to remove the background of a picture. Gonna try and attach it. Can't seem to get a resonable result. Are there any tricks I should be attempting. Never was real good at this however always managed to get a resonable result untill now.......frustrating!!

Attachments

• Graphic1.jpg
    Graphic1.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 112

wes70

Sorry, should of asked what version of Corel you have? If you don't have Cutout Lab, you can do what jhill suggested in photopaint.

pisko

Thanks all. Jills suggestion worked. Not real proficient with Photoshop never played with it all that much. Use Corel most of the time. A little bit of a learning curve but it Photoshop seems to be real fast for doin what I want. Just have to figure out how much to feather to get rid of the jagged edge and make the image a little cleaner. Would be nice if I had an image with a little hight resolution. Attempted to resample but that doesn't always seem to do the trick. Thanks again!!!!!! Fast Reply!!!!! Your the best!!!!!

Tony McD

Usually if the lasso in photo paint doesn't give me the desired result, I either zoom in and paint out or erase the background.
Tracing around the image and using corel powerclip gives me the cleanest edge.
This can be very time consuming with detailed images, but a car with a lot of straight lines wouldn't take long. It's often faster to powerclip the image, than spend a lot of time trying to remove the background in photopaint.

sardocs

You can get nice clean edges if you use the node edit tool in corel. Add nodes where needed, make them cusped curves and pull the lines to hug the image tightly.

pisko

WOW Pat...way better results than I been getting.....don't have a wacom though....what program you using....Corel???

pisko

I do appreciate all the help.....going to try this gotta learn sometime and I guess this is the time....If for some reason I'm to stupid to get it right I'll take you up on your offer Pat......thanks again all of you!!!!!

jiarby

With Corel you can use your bezier tool to draw the outline in a minute or two, then use power clip to place the bitmap inside the curve. Kinda a poor man's layer mask!?

Attachments

• bezire2.jpg
    bezire2.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 85
  • powerclip.jpg
    powerclip.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 70

jiarby

aaack... I didn't see that you posted that already Pat! I gotta start reading the responses now & then!

Advances Artist has a couple great Bezier tools... the trick is to learn the quickie keyboard shorcuts that combine with mouseclicks & mouse dragging to lay down the node types and lines that you need/// Symmetrical vs cusp etc.... Straight versus curve.