• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone have an idea what causes this?

D_P

It looks like a banding, but it's only doing it on one side of the print. printer is Mutoh XJ 1682SR. media is IJ180MC-10. Humidity is at 40%. I have tried different weave patterns setting too. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• Mutoh Print 1.jpeg
    Mutoh Print 1.jpeg
    337.3 KB · Views: 237
  • Mutoh Print 2.jpeg
    Mutoh Print 2.jpeg
    424.6 KB · Views: 180

Gino

Premium Subscriber
you mean data transfer or ink starvation?

Usually, if the signals going to the printer at some point get slowed down for whatever reason, it won't send a great deal of things being printed.

that's what I did and it seems like it is a damaged roll. thanks!

This is gonna happen, if your rolls are not stored properly. Usually it goes the opposite way under those conditions.

D_P

Usually, if the signals going to the printer at some point get slowed down for whatever reason, it won't send a great deal of things being printed.

This is gonna happen, if your rolls are not stored properly. Usually it goes the opposite way under those conditions.
thanks for all the info.

ill look into that too because my data goes thru the network before it gets to the printer.

we have our rolls sitting on a pallet. it could've been damage in transport.

Modern Ink Signs

Premium Subscriber
Is it happening in a consistent pattern? If it is it may be the material but is put money on ink starvation.

That is a large field of a solid color and can happen at your faster print speeds.

Out of the box profile(s) or have you built your own? Linearized your profiles?

D_P

Is it happening in a consistent pattern? If it is it may be the material but is put money on ink starvation.

That is a large field of a solid color and can happen at your faster print speeds.

Out of the box profile(s) or have you built your own? Linearized your profiles?
printer is running at slow head speed. it is on consistent pattern about 10" apart. profile is built in house G7 certified.

Rohit Prasad

WWW.COMPASSCOLOR.COM
Looks like the media isn't all the way flat on the left edge. Does it do it consistently through out the roll or randomly?
Check and make sure the vaccum is working when the machine is printing.
If it's the media then raise the print heads and see what that does.

• Agree
Reactions: D_P

Ogre

Similar thing happens to me when the media does not stay flat. Usually with the monomeric vinyl, wrong temperature, high humidity or just the vacuum lost its suction.
My printer is a Mimaki.

• Agree
I've seen this on my Roland's before. Seems to happen more on the side of the printer furthest from the capping station. That's all I got

• Agree

ToneCustomSigns

I have that same thing happen on Arlon SLX on my Mutoh 1624. Only on that material though. I haven't been able to figure out why.

• Agree
It looks like a banding, but it's only doing it on one side of the print. printer is Mutoh XJ 1682SR. media is IJ180MC-10. Humidity is at 40%. I have tried different weave patterns setting too. Thanks for looking.
My guess would be roll problem or tension issue, or maybe encoder issue. I've never ran a 1682 but if they're like other mutohs I assume there are encoder strips for the carriage and advance. I don't think think that is the problem but cleaning those encoders is an easy rule out.

• Agree

D_P

Thank you for all the response peeps. it actually is a defective media. I changed roll and its gone.. :)