• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone using this for your wide format printer

Dennis422

http://www.harveyheadcleaner.com/supportedprinters2.html

Does anyone use Harwey's Cleaner for your printer? You can set up the test prints and nozzle checks daily or whichever way you want.
This looks like a good tool for someone who does not print daily like me.

Now, a Sublimation question.

I have a few projects I'm working on now and I'm ordering a printed sublimation sheet. I have found used Epson 4000 and I was wondering if someone can give me any feedback on that printer. I know it is the older one, but I was wondering if there are any big issues with them apart from being old,

Thanks in advance

:thankyou:

UnlimitedBT

the printhead cleaning software.

that is brilliant, I am so buying it. We don't print every day on our epson 11880 end every time we do print, I start with head cleaning procedure, also we have several printers for sale that just seat still untill sold which had always worried me...

UnlimitedBT

epson 4000?

Hi , I am not a biggest expert on these but why not 4800 or 4880, they should be affodable enough yet much more modern.

Dakotagrafx

or if you don't print every day/week - just buy a ricoh with gel ink and not worry about it. I let mine go up to 2-3 months sometimes and fire it up with perfect nozzle check. just sayin

player

Not so good with large format printer as the pinch rollers need to be clamped down all the time for it to print.

MikePro

if you have a wide format printer, you should be maintaining it regularly despite how often you use it for production... that includes simply running occasional test prints to see if it is ready to roll whenever you need it to (or at least for the sake of cycling the ink & keeping the heads fresh) ...despite the fact that most wide format printers have built-in automatic ink cycling systems for this very reason.

desktop printer, maybe, but this software is just banking on random-users' laziness/clueless-ness/gullibility.

on that note, has anyone seen these? I was wondering how many people use them to keep their design computers lookin' sharp:
:ROFLMAO:

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-12-12 at 8.35.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-12-12 at 8.35.19 PM.png
    337.6 KB · Views: 152

Dennis422

Hi , I am not a biggest expert on these but why not 4800 or 4880, they should be affodable enough yet much more modern.

I just stumbled upon 4000 with a bunch of other stuff bundled up. I thought about getting it instead outsourcing the prints.

Dennis422

if you have a wide format printer, you should be maintaining it regularly despite how often you use it for production... that includes simply running occasional test prints to see if it is ready to roll whenever you need it to (or at least for the sake of cycling the ink & keeping the heads fresh) ...despite the fact that most wide format printers have built-in automatic ink cycling systems for this very reason.

desktop printer, maybe, but this software is just banking on random-users' laziness/clueless-ness/gullibility.

I understand about the daily maintenance and that is what I do, but it seems so perfect for a vacation weeks and something like that.
If I get an Epson Sublimation printer, I'm definitely getting this. Pay a $10 extra for a CD with all version kind of make sense, you get it for Epson and a wide format.

Just in case :)

phototec

Two things, I have the Epson Stylus Pro 4880 for making high res photographic prints, it is in the same family as the 4000 and 4880. I purchased it new in 2004, and don't use it everyday, like today about half of the 8 print heads were clogged, so I had to do several nozzle checks and head cleaning to recover the missing nozzles.

The printer worked fine about two weeks ago, when I printed about 440 8-1/2" x 11" color prints (the printer prints beautifully). However whenever it sits idle, some of the nozzles clog up. The only good part is, it's water based ink, so you can soak a paper towel with Simple Green and move the print head carriage over on top of the soaked paper towel for about an hour, and that will always soften the clogged ink and get the printer working. Another trick when NOT using the printer, place a plastic container filled with water and a sponge next to the print head and place a plastic cover over the printer to keep it humid near the print head, to prevent it from clogging.

I have heard of the Harvey Head Cleaner and read mixed reviews about it, so I decided not to get it. Also as mentioned, It's NOT a good idea to leave your pinch rollers down on the platen which would be needed for the Harvey Head Cleaner to print nozzle checks on your large format printer. The pinch rollers will get flat on the bottom and in extreme cases be damaged by continuous contact with the plasticizers in the media.

I don't use my Roland everyday either, however the printer turns it's self on and does a cleaning every day, so when I hear the printer going through the cleaning cycle, I just use that time to lower the pinch rollers and do a nozzle check, and that has been keeping my print heads clear and prints a perfect nozzle check pattern.

BESTBLANKS

Sublimation with Epson 4000-4880 series printers

Perhaps we can be of some help with the Epson 4000-4880 printer conversation. All these printers are no longer being made by Epson. In our opinion as a wholesaler of sublimation solutions and a buyer of technology ourselves, when spending that kind of money on a printer platform it is best to go with the more current printer models. The life cycle support will be much longer and printer accessories, sublimation inks, print heads, etc will be available well into the future. Unlike buying other older equipment like heat presses, etc printers and sublimation ink are constantly improving with each new printer model. The replacement for the 4880 printer series is the Epson T Series printers. You can find them on this page: http://www.bestblanks.com/epsonprinters.html

There are other choices as well (ie: Ricoh and other Epson models for sublimation or photo printing on paper).

We also have many other digital decorating solutions that can be combined with sublimation or as a stand alone decorating method.
Please visit our website or call us: 888-431-7385 or 954-989-1250. We are glad to help!

www.bestblanks.com
Wholesaler of sublimation solutions, sign making supplies and equipment