• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Artpath auto carve on windows 7

AKProbeGT

Can I use the autocarve function in Artpath on a 32 bit Windows 7 computer. When I realized it wouldn't work on my new 64 bit design computer I tried from a 32 bit computer and that wouldn't work either. Now I'm not sure if I've used that function since upgrading all my computers to Windows 7. Wondering if I need to setup an old computer with XP just to send files to my Sabre 404 router.

WildWestDesigns

I would check first if you could run it in virtual XP mode in Win 7, before setting up a computer with just XP. You should be able to google the steps to do so within Win 7 fairly easy.

Kottwitz-Graphics

I have Artpath running on an xp windows machine. I'm not computer savy enough to tell if it is 32 or 64 bit (if that even applies to xp). The only thing that you really need to make sure is that you have the plug on the back of the machine to plug the data cable going to the router.

When I got the machine several years ago, it was running on an old windows 98 machine, and I came up with a dell xp machine for a really cheap price (something like $15, at a yard sale) and took it to my computer guy, wiped the hard drive and just installed the basic stuff to run it. I took it home, installed Art Path, Gerber Composer, and Corel X3 (for some reason I couldn't get X5 to load). Plugged everything in and it worked. So then I took the hard drive out of the 98 system, installed it into an external case, plugged it in to the xp system, moved all the router files and working files over, and then reinstalled the hard drive back into the 98 system, and put it away (in case I ever need it to run the router some day...Yes, I'm a pack rat).

WildWestDesigns

I have Artpath running on an xp windows machine. I'm not computer savy enough to tell if it is 32 or 64 bit (if that even applies to xp).

Most of the XP machines out there are 32bit. There was a 64bit XP, but it was a paid for upgrade, so I really don't think that many people took advantage of that. I don't recall many systems (certainly not ones that I think most of us would deal with) that came with the 64 bit system already installed from the factory. If at all.