• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Assistance printing on Styrene

LP011

Hello guys

I need some assistance with an upcoming project I have. I have an HP R2000 and I need to print a large amount of 5’x10’ styrene sheets (0.03) for a customer. The issue I am having is that the boards curl up due to the heat/static constantly causing head strikes. I’ve lowered the curing temperatures but obviously in doing that the ink does not dry completely. In this specific project I am unable to use edge guards because the print is really close to the edges.

I was wondering if anybody can assist me in any way. Maybe someone has a profile they can tell me about for this specific project.

Thanks!

mxbykr99

Ooof. I have alot of experience with head strikes and Styrene on the R2000. I feel your pain.

We used a 10 pass, 70% ink density profile with the lowest possible curing and drying temps, Heat Sensitive Substrate turned on, and a 750ms interpass delay (i think). Don't be afraid to drop that ink density. Gen 4 inks are very pigment heavy, so it should look fine.

It didn't solve all of our problems with Styrene, but it got us closer than the generic substrate profiles.