• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Attaching Printed Poster Paper to Painted Wood ?? Glue Type?

GC Decor

Super Printer
Hey Guys
We are trying to attach 8mil poster paper (Sihl 3686) to wood backing boards for inside use. Any idea on what glue type or technique to use ??
One of our employees recommended mod podge & The results we not great.
Im open to ideas, plywood is Sanded Smooth & Painted White for a good base.
We are UV Printing the paper so no top coat is needed - More worried about getting a smooth Finish across the paper.
Cant use UV Flatbed Panels aren't flat enough

ikarasu

Use a mounting tape. A high tac one if it's going on wood... I doubt you'll get good results with glue.

Dumb question, but why not just use a SAV?

GC Decor

Super Printer
Use a mounting tape. A high tac one if it's going on wood... I doubt you'll get good results with glue.

Dumb question, but why not just use a SAV?
Customer wants the Paper Feel, I definitely tried to sell them on Vinyl so much easier to work with. Mounting tape wouldn't be a bad idea, gonna do a few samples tomorrow & See how they look.

GC Decor

Super Printer

victor bogdanov

Just ordered the Roman pro, Amazon has it for overnight delivery - from the reviews looks like it should work. Sihl also reach out with a paper they have in the same line with an adhesive backing. Thanks for the help, I never thought about using a wallpaper glue.
Roman pro products are also available at any home depot/lowes

Billct2

Was going to mention the adhesive back paper, for next time.
I would probably try a spray art mounting adhesive