• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Band Logo

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
I'm loving the logo, pretty good design work. As for the poster, just not feeling it. When I see a band poster with a symbol lately it always reminds me of A Perfect Circles and how visually cohesive APC's are and the other bands are not.

If you notice in the images I attached, the bands designers integrated the design of the poster and the artwork to be well rounded visually. This is normally done with color, but the idea was to make it look like it was part of the art work not just slapped on.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• music102.jpg
    music102.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 75
  • aperfectcirclefront.jpg
    aperfectcirclefront.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 50
  • 20100414-022510-700226.jpg
    20100414-022510-700226.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 90
  • a-perfect-circle-amotion-emotive-promo-ds-poster-tool_320452271469.jpg
    a-perfect-circle-amotion-emotive-promo-ds-poster-tool_320452271469.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 98

HaroldDesign

I'm loving the logo, pretty good design work. As for the poster, just not feeling it. When I see a band poster with a symbol lately it always reminds me of A Perfect Circles and how visually cohesive APC's are and the other bands are not.

If you notice in the images I attached, the bands designers integrated the design of the poster and the artwork to be well rounded visually. This is normally done with color, but the idea was to make it look like it was part of the art work not just slapped on.

Hope this helps.
I agree. Some of the things I do for the band I put time into, and others "some" time. This is one of them. Usually it has to do with a quick-to-print situation.

HaroldDesign

Logo

I know it's an old thread, but I've been working on some things involving the refined logo since then and thought I'd post it. :wink:

Attachments

• ALB_Logo.jpg
    ALB_Logo.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 79

HaroldDesign

About anything in a circle form is going to look alike. I wasn't aware of how many there are until this thread. The good thing is that mine looks much better than any of them.

HulkSmash

About anything in a circle form is going to look alike. I wasn't aware of how many there are until this thread. The good thing is that mine looks much better than any of them.

The A's are exactly the same, except a .5 inch line that connects it to the circle.

JoshLoring

HaroldDesign said:
I know it's an old thread, but I've been working on some things involving the refined logo since then and thought I'd post it. :wink:

Really like this. Simple is always more difficult.

Suz

Looks very much inspired by 82nd Airborne Division (All American)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/82nd_Airborne_Division
I love the insignia myself. Anyhow, I like your logo ideas too!
I'll be putting original military patches onto a jacket this week for a gentleman who served in the 82nd Airborne, and also in the 101st Airborne. Very cool! He's a proud Vet, and I am honored to be doing this for him.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
They all, every one of them, look like designs for manhole covers or, at best, monograms for a shirt pocket for someone still living in decades past.

Simple doesn't necessarily mean simplistic, or its more malignant cousin, silly.