• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banner Printing w/Magenta?

Sharon D.

Hello all! I am printing on an HP Latex 560 using a generic 13 oz. banner material. The file has a gray panel which is 60% K and a logo that's 30% K. Neither have any CMY in them. Both are printing heavy magenta. The lighter logo almost looks straight pink. Has anyone experienced this before or have an idea as to why this would be happening and how to rectify it? Very odd...

balstestrat

Problem Solver
You have color correction applied so it will make it cmyk automatically.

But the real issue is that most likely your printheads are not performing as expected or you have wrong/outdated profile in use.

dypinc

Hello all! I am printing on an HP Latex 560 using a generic 13 oz. banner material. The file has a gray panel which is 60% K and a logo that's 30% K. Neither have any CMY in them. Both are printing heavy magenta. The lighter logo almost looks straight pink. Has anyone experienced this before or have an idea as to why this would be happening and how to rectify it? Very odd...
If the grain of K only is not a problem them print with CM off. Otherwise calibrate and make a new profile. Print with rendering intent set to Colormetric with BPC.