• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best order to load software on new SSD!

rcook99

Ok so i just had a new SSD drive installed and new storage and backup drives installed on my system. So my question is what is the best order to re load the software on to my new drives. Keep in mind I am loading them on the 256gb SSD and keeping the other drives for storage and a daily back up. I will need to load the following software.

Sign Lab 9.1
Corel X-6
Adobe CS 5.5
Wilcom ES3

The other question I have is where should I install all my fonts so they show up in all my programs? If that is possible. I am sick of using a font in SL and then not being able to find it in Corel.

visual800

Revfonts. I keep all fonts in my wondows font folder. I know some like font management programs I just dont cre for them.

As far as order of software. It matters not.

rcook99

I wasn't sure as Singlab and Wilcom work with a corel shortcut for moving files from one to the other with just a click. It saves having to export or save files to another format just to import in to SL or Wilcom.

Revfonts. I keep all fonts in my wondows font folder. I know some like font management programs I just dont cre for them.

As far as order of software. It matters not.

WildWestDesigns

I wasn't sure as Singlab and Wilcom work with a corel shortcut for moving files from one to the other with just a click. It saves having to export or save files to another format just to import in to SL or Wilcom.

For Wilcom, you want to install Wilcom first and then CorelDRAW. Make sure you don't have any legacy versions of DRAW as well, that could cause the computer to crash as not knowing which one to access.

I have no experience with SignLab though. Is it a shortcut that opens an independent instances of DRAW or is it like Wilcom, where you are actually opening up DRAW from within Wilcom?

Bretbyron

Font Navigator

Bitstream Font Navigator Came with CorelDraw X3 I'm not sure if it sill does. It manages the Windows/Fonts folder that all of your programs read from.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I am sick of using a font in SL and then not being able to find it in Corel.

If it's a SignLab (.VEF) font, you will NOT be able to use it in Corel, no matter where it's stored. If you need to go back and forth between two programs, create the text in its native program and export. Remember to make backup copies for future editing since text is converted to curves (or outlines) when it gets exported.

JB

rcook99

Evan this is a totally fresh install on new SSD drives so should not have that issue. Thanks for the help.

For Wilcom, you want to install Wilcom first and then CorelDRAW. Make sure you don't have any legacy versions of DRAW as well, that could cause the computer to crash as not knowing which one to access.

I have no experience with SignLab though. Is it a shortcut that opens an independent instances of DRAW or is it like Wilcom, where you are actually opening up DRAW from within Wilcom?

OldPaint

to load a NEW HARD DRIVE.....
1. LOAD THE OPERATING SYSTEM.
2.LOAD AVAST, or a virus program.
3. as for those programs you mentioned.....dont much matter as they will load independently of the others.
4. fonts need to stay in windows.......so ALL PROGRAMS CAN ACCESS THEM. keep the total number under 1000.....and of those you only use 10%!!!!! be careful DELETING FONTS... as some are default for programs you have loaded.
5. BITSTREAM FONT NAV........ is the best for viewing fonts....
6. 256 gig..........is a lot if you just use it for programs and save files elsewhere.
7. THUMBS-PLUS is great for viewing graphics, if you got corel get ROM CAT.

WildWestDesigns

Evan this is a totally fresh install on new SSD drives so should not have that issue. Thanks for the help.

That should be no worries at all then.

3. as for those programs you mentioned.....dont much matter as they will load independently of the others.

Not with regard to Wilcom. Wilcom runs CorelDRAW from within the program. It needs to have a separately installed version of DRAW x6, but it is still run within Wilcom itself when you use the Wilcom-Corel Interaction Button (their title, not mine). If you install Corel before Wilcom, you run a high chance of Wilcom not reading Corel correctly every time.

Attachments

• Wilcom.jpg
    Wilcom.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 86
  • Corel in Wilcom.jpg
    Corel in Wilcom.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 88