• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Blockout vinyl?

DChorbowski

Pixel Pusher
I have a huge project needing alot of blockout vinyl. Our standard blockout that we use is the 3M 3635-20B, but it appears that our vendors are completely out of stock and having a tough time getting any 3M blockout film to me in my needed timeframe. I am looking for alternatives for short/medium term use outdoors.

I see that Avery has an option(5300 series) but its even more expensive than the 3M. I also found that General formulations has an glossy option with their GF 218 Windowmark series. Has anyone used the GF 218 before? How is it?

Is there any other options out there available in the US that you know of?

Thanks in advance.

MarkSnelling

Mark Snelling - Hasco Graphics
Does it need to be white/black? If not, there's a brand new film from Drytac which is white/white and completely opaque available in 2mil and 6mils thick.

DChorbowski

Pixel Pusher
Does it need to be white/black? If not, there's a brand new film from Drytac which is white/white and completely opaque available in 2mil and 6mils thick.
It does not, I just need it to cover up backlit panels temporarily with new printed graphics. Do you know the product number for this Drytac film?

MarkSnelling

Mark Snelling - Hasco Graphics
It does not, I just need it to cover up backlit panels temporarily with new printed graphics. Do you know the product number for this Drytac film?
The new film is called Polar Blockout UV. It is only printable UV. It is a 2mil blockout. I'll see if I can find the part number.

I currently sell their more standard 6mil product. 54"x150' rolls are $466/roll

DChorbowski

Pixel Pusher
The new film is called Polar Blockout UV. It is only printable UV. It is a 2mil blockout. I'll see if I can find the part number.

I currently sell their more standard 6mil product. 54"x150' rolls are $466/roll
Only UV? Thats unfortunate as we are only running a HP Latex at this time.
Thanks though!

DChorbowski

Pixel Pusher
For what its worth, we ended up using the General formulations has an glossy option with their GF 218 Windowmark. It printed beautifully on our HP 700W. Thanks for everyones help.