• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bringing up an EFI H1625LED

HomerSimpson

I picked up a used (made in 2016) 1625 and am trying to get it running. The original owner is out of the picture so contacting him is not an option. I have contacted the manufacturer to get access to the documentation that is behind their login wall but am waiting to hear back. If you have experience with this machine, are you able to answer any of my questions?

1. Is there a program that shows current and/or historical faults the machine has thrown?
2. Is there a document that steps you through diagnosis and repair?
3. Is there a universal password? When I open Fiery XF, the username field is populated with 'Admin', which is greyed out, and the password is filled with asterisks. It is asking me to enter the password in another field as confirmation.
4. Where do you get your spare parts, ink, etc?
5. Are there interlocks that allow you to 'cheat' the door sensors so you can have the doors open while working on the machine, yet the software thinks the door is closed?
6. EFI doesn't seem to use local resellers. How would I determine who in the area might be able to service my machine?
7. What are my service options--pay by the hour with a remote or live tech, annual contract, etc?

Thanks for your time!

Superior_Adam

We run a few EFI machines. Their tech support number is (855)334-4457. There are prompts that will either take you to Fiery support or wide format support. The fiery support option they will be able to answer those questions regarding the password. I don't recall any passwords I have to enter so not sure on that but it but my guess would be its generic unless previous owner changed it. I do not know of there being an error code log as there is not even a usage log as far as how long the lamps have been on etc. We had a 1625 and upgraded to a 16H but I can run the machine with all doors open without issues. EFI does have resellers as i know Nazdar sells printers. We buy all our inks and parts straight from EFI. I am not sure how they charge for over the phone help as we have a service contract so that is included with ours as well as on site service. Without a contract you would have to pay for tech time and flights etc which would get expensive. A contract on 1 machine will probably cost around $12,000/year but they can quote that. They would have to have a tech come out to inspect the machine as it has to be in perfect running order to start the contract.

Tomtint

I have a 1625 LED, ..Im fairly decent at servicing it unless it's something electrical. As far as the password..try 1234 enter. Mine can run with the doors open without the beeper going off. As far as I know there is no log for run time. We buy our inks from Nazdar and they service it as well. Im happy with them and think they are fairly priced for service. ..The EFI parts are crazy expensive..But that's probably the case with all suppliers. ..Recently needed a monitor and through EFI it was 1200.00....Same one on Amazon...135.00. Print heads are like 4K...So that can add up. We just replaced both white heads and a water pump, did an alignment etc and the bill was 12K ish. I just chalk it up as a cost of doing business. It was the first big expense we have had on it in the 4+ years we have owned it.

Last edited:

HomerSimpson

Thank you for your help. I've gotten the machine to power up. I can send a print. The head assembly then traverses back and forth over the belt, which moves forward, and the UV lights turn on, all as expected. The bottles have some ink but the clear lines appear to be empty and ink is not jetting from the heads.

While I debug this system, can you tell me if there is a fluid I can use instead of the ink so I am not disposing of expensive ink while I check out the pump, lines, etc?

Stefanie

We run a few EFI machines. Their tech support number is (855)334-4457. There are prompts that will either take you to Fiery support or wide format support. The fiery support option they will be able to answer those questions regarding the password. I don't recall any passwords I have to enter so not sure on that but it but my guess would be its generic unless previous owner changed it. I do not know of there being an error code log as there is not even a usage log as far as how long the lamps have been on etc. We had a 1625 and upgraded to a 16H but I can run the machine with all doors open without issues. EFI does have resellers as i know Nazdar sells printers. We buy all our inks and parts straight from EFI. I am not sure how they charge for over the phone help as we have a service contract so that is included with ours as well as on site service. Without a contract you would have to pay for tech time and flights etc which would get expensive. A contract on 1 machine will probably cost around $12,000/year but they can quote that. They would have to have a tech come out to inspect the machine as it has to be in perfect running order to start the contract.

Stefanie

Hi we have a 16H getting an error message 3201 Failure to connect with print head. Turned things off and on checked usbs to be sure they are plugged in well turned windows firewall back off. Any other suggestions?

electricfly

Hi we have a 16H getting an error message 3201 Failure to connect with print head. Turned things off and on checked usbs to be sure they are plugged in well turned windows firewall back off. Any other suggestions?
Check connections to circuit boards on top back of print carriage I might of had same error and one of the ire clips was loose

Stefanie

Thanks will check.
Checked all the connections problem persisted. Called for tech to come out. Our EFI is not in an optimal environment what the tech found is that some of the cooling fan filters were pretty clogged so things got too hot which prevented the pc from speaking to the print head which saved the electronics on the print head. OUCH techs don't come cheap but we are back up and running. New maintenance procedure check the fans regularly change filters. Appreciate the help hope my experience helps someone else.