• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bronze color matching

Craig Keller

Any suggestions for try to print sublimation to match bronze sign colors? Example just off internet.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230512_070525_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230512_070525_Samsung Internet.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 202

JBurton

Signtologist
PMS black 7C is a great shade of bronze, for reference, it's the same as 3m duranodic bronze, and Johnson/Rowmark charcoal grey material. We use it in matthews paint to match almost anything called 'bronze'. On my hp 560, a simple 90% black will produce a nearly perfect match at 20 passes.

bteifeld

Substratia Consulting,Printing,Ergosoft Reseller
Try L*a*b* 71 6 23.

This is based on using the photoshop eyedropper tool on your
image, taking from the middle of the C in the second Cuba.

BigNate

Any suggestions for try to print sublimation to match bronze sign colors? Example just off internet.
if you want to use sublimation AND an exact match - try flame deposition of bronze! you may need to get creative on the masking as most things will burst into flame..... the bronze is sublimated in a plasma stream and deposited on the substrate, very similar to inks.....