• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Brown Traffic Sign Color Coordinates for Roland VersaWorks and FlexiSign

trafficbarriersolutions

TRAFFIC & BARRIER SOLUTIONS, LLC
I am having trouble finding the correct color brown in Flexi and VersaWorks for a Brown Traffic Sign. All the ones I have printed do not seem to match the color specs of a brown road sign. Most of them fade into Red or Orange instead of Brown. What color coordinates are best for Flexi and VersaWorks for printing Brown Road Signs?

IMG_2048.jpg
IMG_2045.jpg
IMG_2042.jpg

Superior_Adam

you may have top double strike using Eco Solvent inks. Most traffic signs are either vinyl applied or screen printed and are much more opaque that eco solvent inks.

Medina Signs

Old Member
I agree about double striking, but also double striking will darken the color from my experience. You may want to experiment with lightening or darkening in your rip after you find a suitable color. Also, translucent vinyl is our preferred method on top of reflective.

Superior_Adam

I agree about double striking, but also double striking will darken the color from my experience. You may want to experiment with lightening or darkening in your rip after you find a suitable color. Also, translucent vinyl is our preferred method on top of reflective.
yes double striking will darken it. But looking at his test pieces vs the sign it needs to be a lot darker. No need to print on clear then apply I direct print all the time for the Air Force Base