• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Business in Southern California?

visualtechmedia

Anyone have knowledge about the apparel printing and sign business in Southern California, Los Angeles and surrounding areas? Is it harder to grow there or the same as anywhere else? I'm thinking the bigger the city the bigger the potential customers and profits.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I know that market very well and I can tell you DONT DO IT!! Lol it is very competitive market here in SoCal and will be very hard to separate yourself from the pack as it is very price conscious. I would do the opposite and attack the smaller market/niche markets first. Bigger profit and less competition.

visualtechmedia

I know that market very well and I can tell you DONT DO IT!! Lol it is very competitive market here in SoCal and will be very hard to separate yourself from the pack as it is very price conscious. I would do the opposite and attack the smaller market/niche markets first. Bigger profit and less competition.
It's major competition everywhere. It's a rat race wherever you are in all business categories. My common sense tells me the bigger the city the more prospects you may have as well as competition. I just wonder how's business in the big cities like LA and NY.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Like he said.... it's cutthroat everywhere. What makes you stand out from the others is quality and/or price. Nothing else matters as far as demographics. Your head or gut can tell you one thing..... you may have been prepared in another manner, but it's the bottom line that seems to rule anymore. Heck, in either of those cities you mentioned, China, Europe, almost anywhere is competition. Can you compete..... is a better question. If you are questioning it before you start, then look into selling tanning beds or getting a job on an elevator.

visualtechmedia

I just look at the big cities as more of a challenge plus I would love to move myself and business from Atlanta, Ga to Southern California. I'm not worried about competition because it's all sale and marketing wherever you are.

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
Moving from Atlanta to SoCal... Do some due diligence and take a look at the difference in cost of living, taxes, regulations, and especially real estate. Tread carefully my friend...

visualtechmedia

Moving from Atlanta to SoCal... Do some due diligence and take a look at the difference in cost of living, taxes, regulations, and especially real estate. Tread carefully my friend...
I have been doing a lot of due diligence for a long time. I have a good understanding of most things except the apparel printing and sign business, which is why I asked the question here.