• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Calculate color values

vansman

Is there a way to calculate an input value, with an desired output value.
I try to explane what i mean,

For an costumer i need to have a specific color in a logo which contain more colors. Most of the colors are printed ok but there is one trouble maker.

With some testing i've get the right output values in CMYK.
Problem is when i use these values in the dtp software, the rip convert them to a new value.

What i need is a way to calculate wich value i should use in the dtp software what the rip convert again to the desired value.

I can do this with color replacement in the rip, but i was wondering if there is an other way to to this, to keep the spotcolor replacement list short to prevent mistakes.

regards Leon

rfulford

Copy your rips output profile to your computer and convert from your working profiles in the DTP application to the output profile you copied over from your rip. Edit the problem color to match the colors you want and rip this file with color management turned off on your rip.

vansman

Okay, turning off colormanagent in the rip works. But what i want to try is to print as much as possible with one configuration to avoid errors by choosing the wrong or forget to activate the costumer configuration with an repeating order.

rfulford

Another option would be to define a custom spot color such as "Client Name Yellow" and set it up in your rip. Does your rip support this? It is unlikely that you will be able to reverse engineer a a cmyk color.

vansman

My rip support the named color function, so it seems to an solution to create custom spot color.

Thanks