• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can I change the self clean cycle time on CJV 150

The LoneStar

Just upgraded from a CJV 30 to the CJV 150. The 150 seems to do a quick self clean every hours or so. that seems excessive. Is this normal ? Can it be changed. any body else got this concern. The CJV 30 only did a slef clean every 12 hrs or so. and had no problems.

Smoke_Jaguar

The intermittent cleaning cycles tend to use just a mL of ink or so and keep clogs at bay. If you have a copy of the service manual for the printer, it should say how much ink is discharged per cycle type. The basic one on a UJF-6042 MKII is essentially zero for example. Don't have that model of printer or the manual for it, but Lots of shared programming across models. If you really want to stop the cycles, can power the printer down, but definitely not recommended. If you have a fresh waste tank, toss it in when you're not going to be printing for a few days or a week to see actual passive ink consumption. The cycles tend to be more noise than ink in my experience, but they are worthwhile.

The LoneStar

The intermittent cleaning cycles tend to use just a mL of ink or so and keep clogs at bay. If you have a copy of the service manual for the printer, it should say how much ink is discharged per cycle type. The basic one on a UJF-6042 MKII is essentially zero for example. Don't have that model of printer or the manual for it, but Lots of shared programming across models. If you really want to stop the cycles, can power the printer down, but definitely not recommended. If you have a fresh waste tank, toss it in when you're not going to be printing for a few days or a week to see actual passive ink consumption. The cycles tend to be more noise than ink in my experience, but they are worthwhile.
Thanks for the reply, I defently don't want to stop the self clean cycles, just every hour feels excessive.

DL Signs

Never go against the family
It's just doing a refresh. The amount of ink it uses is negligible. It's not a full cleaning cycle, it just turns on, and spits a tiny amount of ink from each head to keep them from clogging, it can do that every hour and you'll never notice it using ink. Like Smoke_Jaguar says, it's more noise than using ink. I recommend just leaving that one alone. I don't even have the auto clean on, I just use the refresh.

Smoke_Jaguar

Think of it like running your hands across the keys of a piano. Except it's nozzles. Usually just one1-2 passes across each nozzle to jiggle the ink to keep it from settling and a wipedown and cap purge to catch whatever might've dripped out.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
As Smoke said, it's refreshing, not cleaning. When the pump is running, it's not sucking ink through the system like a clean does. It's just getting any excess ink out of the pump. Refresh only fires each nozzle once or twice to keep them from clogging and uses way less ink than cleanings.