• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question can i print double sided cling on my sc545-ex?

netsol

so, i have often said i are more in my element when the machines are broken, (i always know what to do then!) than when they are working and this is a fine example of that

i have a roll of general formulations 208-27 7 mil cling, we use it regularly

now my client wants some double sided prints. (i hate things that require precise alignment)

i am familiar (although not really comfortable with) with the process of alignment for double sided printing, but would have a lot more confidence if i didn't have to allow it to outgas, then remove it from the backing and put it back on, reversed, before aligning and printing again.

is this going to be my process or am i leaving a few steps out? will the cling adhere to the backing well enough for printing?

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Before we got our Annapurna, our old school method was to reverse print on cling, then print the other side on glass apeel and mount them together.
On the Annapurna, I can do 5 color prints. It prints all 5 layers at once. I just have to trim them down.

netsol

Before we got our Annapurna, our old school method was to reverse print on cling, then print the other side on glass apeel and mount them together.
On the Annapurna, I can do 5 color prints. It prints all 5 layers at once. I just have to trim them down.
so 2 questions

how did you mount them together?

can i do the same thing with my roll of general formulations clear? (it's sitting on the shelf, right next to the white, but i wasn't sure

and thank you!

Boudica

Mounting, I line up the corners with thumb tacks, then make a hinge with tape and run it through the laminator to mount together. We used glass apeel because its opaque, and it's got clear adhesive (well, it's not actually adhesive, but it sticks).

With your white, if it's got clear adhesive, then it won't be opaque enough. If it has the gray adhesive, you will see that through the clear.

netsol

Not many
(10) double sided 9" x 12" (2 designs, 5 each)

(10) double sided 24" x 36"

This is part of a $6000 order, that we EXPECT to be repeated monthly, for a company that has been my largest client for my consulting business, since 1998.

Probably the easiest thing is to send the clings out to signs365 or my friend wyld bill.

I would like to give it a shot, though. (As I often say, for many of these things, I am strictly a novice.
Who can I order glass a peel from?

We order regularly from

Harbor sales
Grimco
Diversified products (specialty papers)
Premier colour

Thanks for taking so much interest in a minor issue

netsol

Mounting, I line up the corners with thumb tacks, then make a hinge with tape and run it through the laminator to mount together. We used glass apeel because its opaque, and it's got clear adhesive (well, it's not actually adhesive, but it sticks).
With your white, if it's got clear adhesive, then it won't be opaque enough. If it has the gray adhesive, you will see that through the

netsol

ok,, so sometimes i am not as smart as i think i am...
you start with (clear) cling & reverse print
that use (white) glass apeel
hinge with tape and run through laminator
final question: are you using a heat assist laminator?

we have 2 daiges, a royal sovereign & a seal 4000 which is heat assist, is heat necessary for this?

so far, no one, including grimco has glass apeel in stock, so i may try with my clear and white cling

Boudica

I use our old royal sovereign to mount lam. No heat.
Does the alignment with the thumb tacks make sense?

netsol

i suppose it does, i suck at alignment.
remember, i spend more time repairing equipment than i do using it

thank you. first time doing any job like this is tough

i checked with signs365, signs2trade and b2signs,, none of them do double sided cling.

we will have to get good at it

Boudica

i suppose it does, i suck at alignment.
remember, i spend more time repairing equipment than i do using it

thank you. first time doing any job like this is tough

i checked with signs365, signs2trade and b2signs,, none of them do double sided cling.

we will have to get good at it
You can do this. It's stupid easy, once you get the hang of it.