• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Canon OCE Arizona1280XT (Flush)

Caren Hines

Good morning all!
Anyone know once I order a flush kit how I go about flushing the line with it?
I need to flush one of the white lines and I don't want to order it unless I know how.
and I surly don't want to pay a tech to come in and do it!
Any help would be appreciated!
Thank you.
Caren

AlsEU

When you have the flush kit, you connect it instead of the ink pouch to the connector. The other end of the tube you put in the flush canister and you start the flushing procedure (if it is in the firmware of the printer) or you start the procedure 'Ink system liquid flush' from the SDS menu (but you need an SDS key). As you want to flush the white channel, you will also have to disconnect the recirculation line from this channel and connect it to the extension clear tubes and place them in the flush container.
If you don't know, how to do it, maybe it's a better idea to pay a tech, otherwise, you may damage your printer...

Caren Hines

Ugh! Ya I need to clear out the line.
a Cyan bag got placed on it by accident and it has a blue tent to it!
I was hoping I could just try flushing it to see if that would clear it?

Good morning all!
Anyone know once I order a flush kit how I go about flushing the line with it?
I need to flush one of the white lines and I don't want to order it unless I know how.
and I surly don't want to pay a tech to come in and do it!
Any help would be appreciated!
Thank you.
Caren
Why you want to clean this line? What is this flush kit? Give me the part number please!
In UI there is procedure for this situation. To make something with ink lines not knowing what you're doing, can make things much more expensive than a service technician.
Tell the story please! :)

AlsEU

Ugh! Ya I need to clear out the line.
a Cyan bag got placed on it by accident and it has a blue tent to it!
Was the cyan ink pumped into the heads? In theory, the printer's firmware should inform you that there's a wrong pouch connected to the socket. If the whole channel (tubing, heads, ink filter, recirculation tubing, pump) has the cyan inside, a long flush procedure would be the best solution, but you need to check, if it's available in the firmware (section 'maintenance'). If not, it's possible to do it but it requires an SDS key.

Was the cyan ink pumped into the heads? In theory, the printer's firmware should inform you that there's a wrong pouch connected to the socket. If the whole channel (tubing, heads, ink filter, recirculation tubing, pump) has the cyan inside, a long flush procedure would be the best solution, but you need to check, if it's available in the firmware (section 'maintenance'). If not, it's possible to do it but it requires an SDS key.
Will be absolutely easy if you have the service key. Looks like non original ink but anyway.
There is a lot of ways for that, but in this case(user level) the the easiest will be to buy this kit.
I used years ago and don't know if it's still the same. I do this through the service menu when necessary.

This kit is a bag with flush and flush adapter(for air). You have to plug the bag in selected channel and then follow the procedure from the user menu.
Next, next, etc. The short one is around 30 minutes. You will need new and correct ink bag as well. There is no chance to change the ink color and the pump start to fill if the bag is original. You can use one bottle of original flush(in warranty) if the ink is original and have to bay one ink adaptеr.
If not - use the flush from same brand. Another way is to cut one empty bag and use the connector from it. Will need some chemical stable for this liquid tube. When you cut the bag will understand what I mean. Use gloves. Clean the connector with ISO alcohol very good. Will need screw driver to put the center of the connector inside. Will be better if cut bag from same color. Never fill the heads with alcohol!!!
For all will need something about one hour. It is easy and you do not need service engineer for that case.
Enjoy :).

Last edited: