• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CAS fonts for use in illustrator CS5?

signguy35

My partner has a old computer with VE LXi Master and it has all the CAS fonts on it. there are some fonts on there that i would like to have on illustrator. is there a way to put them on my new computer? Thanks.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
You could export out the font sheet as an eps file and then use something like CorelDraw to convert it to a ttf or otf file.
Probably not worth the time it would take and would most likely break one or more of the LXI Casfont licensing agreements.

wayne k
guam usa

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Some of the previous versions of Flexi we bought had many of those old CAS fonts (which we used in CASmate) remastered into TrueType format. The fonts were okay, but the kerning in many of them was pretty bad. They're still nice to have for matching up fonts with really old projects, but that's about it. They're very basic and inferior to many of the OpenType fonts being released these days.