• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cement Truck Decal help, not sure what material to use

kheebl

I have a customer who wants to redo the logos on some of there cement trucks. The logo is a simple print job but I don't know what material to use. It will be going on the drum approx 42"x33". My main concern is the Lam, these truck do get sprayed with a truck wash once in awhile, so no acid anymore (switched to some environmental friendly cleaner). Also I would need to have a wholesale printer print these up for me, I don't have a printer yet and usually use sign team inc.

T

TonyC

Tip..

I would use 3M-IJ180 with a matching lam of preferred gloss level.

The most important thing to do is use an edge sealer to protect the edges from those pressure washers.

kheebl

Thanks for that link I just replied to that thread. I tried searching before this thread and couldn't find anything.

jfiscus

Rap Master
We have put standard 3M 180c with 8519 lam and also 3M 680 (reflective) with 8519 laminate on hundreds of these w/o any troubles. by the time the decals need replacing the customers are repainting the drums.

kheebl

We have put standard 3M 180c with 8519 lam and also 3M 680 (reflective) with 8519 laminate on hundreds of these w/o any troubles. by the time the decals need replacing the customers are repainting the drums.

Do you edge seal or don't even worry about it?

jfiscus

Rap Master
Do you edge seal or don't even worry about it?
yes, we DO use 3M edge seal (in the can) on the drum.
for install on the drum, you have to turn it on REAL slow and squeegee quick!

Attachments

• 130530 - Hilltop Concrete Pic2.jpg
    130530 - Hilltop Concrete Pic2.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 105