• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Century 21 Pylon Sign

cgsigns_jamie

Here's one we installed today...

99% Built in house (The LED message center was ordered from Daktronics)

The sign is all aluminum... except the scroll work and faces. We router cut 1/2" PVC scrolls and "sandwiched" them together to make it 6" deep.

Design was a collaboration between me and the customers son (an architect)

Attachments

• _MG_4445.jpg
    _MG_4445.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 155
  • _MG_4449.jpg
    _MG_4449.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 113
  • _MG_4450.jpg
    _MG_4450.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 108
  • _MG_4452.jpg
    _MG_4452.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 128

cgsigns_jamie

Thanks guys!

Mosh, that's a small one.. only about 30'... in a few weeks we'll be installing an 85' high rise for Comfort Inn off of I-95

Ken

LED message center...

Hi...nice install...application..well thought out...
Can you please provide info regarding the led , scrolling info board?
Thanks..Ken

cgsigns_jamie

Hi Ken,

The message center is a Daktronics Galaxy 3500 Series. This display has a 20mm pixel pitch and a monochrome (4,096 shades) amber matrix.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

skyhigh

Is that your truck in the background, with the hood open? Troubles???
(Hate when that happens on the job site)

cgsigns_jamie

Yeah... that's the trusty bucket... I don't know why the hood was up, to be honest with you. I know the truck had been sitting for about 6 months before we brought it to that site, but it ran fine there and back.

You're right though... it's always nice to have equipment failure on a job site... makes for a real professional appearance!

skyhigh

You folks do some nice work. Excellent craftsmanship on the construction of this one, but it needs to be about 2 feet wider. The "century 21" needs some breathing room also.

cgsigns_jamie

Thanks Skyhigh... the sign was limited in size because we were utilizing existing support columns... here is a photo of the old sign and a copy of the proof.

Also if anyone's interested here are the photos of the sign in the shop during construction. My father used to own a body shop and painted show cars. This sign received the same treatment as a Rolls-Royce..

... Sorry for the rotated image... I have no idea why it did that??

Attachments

• IMG_2790.jpg
    IMG_2790.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 121
  • (    "Kerberos.CGSD.LOCAL") 2010-04-17 at 12.05.56 PM.jpg
    ( "Kerberos.CGSD.LOCAL") 2010-04-17 at 12.05.56 PM.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 107

skyhigh

Like I said....excellent craftsmanship in all your work!!!!

I may have done something like this (Its always easier coming up with ideas after....haha). Still an excellent job Jamie!!!

Attachments

• Jamie.jpg
    Jamie.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 114