• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Chaparral Pro Semibold: anyone know of a free versions? Or can convert an .ai file?

iSign

Client sent me logo, but doesn't have illustrator, files came from designer with fonts not converted.

Does anyone who has Chaparral Pro Semibold want to convert an .ai file for me today? (or email me link to a freeware version if one exists?)

HaroldDesign

Place the file in a new Illustrator file. Flatten transparency with "convert text to outlines" checked at 100% vector balance.

Rodi

If you have CS suite there are fonts with it and I believe this is one of them. You may have to dig, but there are a good chunk of them too.

cptcorn

adad
Client sent me logo, but doesn't have illustrator, files came from designer with fonts not converted.

Does anyone who has Chaparral Pro Semibold want to convert an .ai file for me today? (or email me link to a freeware version if one exists?)

My posts were quickly deleted when I asked for someonbe to typeset something for me.

HaroldDesign

:roflmao:

Not really, this is essentially a typeset request

The file is already typeset. "Essentially" he's asking someone who has the font installed to open it, outline the font and send it back. Splitting hairs here, but the process does not involve typesetting.
:wink:

Rodi

There could be an issue, but it is pretty much a no brainer when the font is given away in the CS package… They have a bunch of great fonts they give, but you have to search for them… Its not like he is asking someone for Today Sans to be set.

The font in question is freely available, to my knowledge.

iSign

if you have Acrobat, open in Acrobat Pro. Save as a pdf and use my pdf trick listed elsewhere on this site

THANKS!

got it taken care of, but I'll look into that for future reference!

My posts were quickly deleted when I asked for someonbe to typeset something for me.

OBJECTION!! YOUR HONOR... RELEVANCE??

He asked for a file conversion... not someone to set it for him.

yes, thank you!

The file is already typeset. "Essentially" he's asking someone who has the font installed to open it, outline the font and send it back.

Exactly!

Not really, this is essentially a typeset request.
BULLS#!T, ARE YOU BRAIN DEAD...
THE CLIENTS LOGO IS SET & NOT SUBJECT TO CHANGE...

today is a good day to get my layout approved without waiting for a client to track down their designer for the "outline" version... so I took a break from helping others & had a favor of my own to ask for a change... SO CRAWL BACK IN YOUR HOLE JAVILLA!

There could be an issue, but it is pretty much a no brainer when the font is given away in the CS package… They have a bunch of great fonts they give, but you have to search for them… Its not like he is asking someone for Today Sans to be set.

The font in question is freely available, to my knowledge.

thank you too Rodi, and anyone else i may have forgotten!

Service Sign Co

I didn't see your post earlier , but there are 6 versions of Chaparral on CS3
Anyway, hope you are enjoying the the warm weather, it's freezing here

GVP

Can someone explain why asking someone to typeset something for you appears to be frowned upon? If the person being asked has a legitimate copy of the font, and just produces the required wording (not provide an actual copy of the font) how is this any different to getting any designer to set it? Or am I mis-reading things?

Rodi

BULLS#!T, ARE YOU BRAIN DEAD...
THE CLIENTS LOGO IS SET & NOT SUBJECT TO CHANGE...

Probably not on this font, but some fonts with AFM files or where metrix/custom kerning is involved it could be a disaster, just keep your eyes peeled. I have seen this quite a bit.

iSign

if you have Acrobat, open in Acrobat Pro. Save as a pdf and use my pdf trick listed elsewhere on this site

hey, even though most of my issues were taken care of, I still ended up with one line of copy that was showing up in the preview, but not upon opening the file in illy... so I opened it in acrobat & it showed up there...

so, I searched out "pdf trick" & found Eric's trick...

and I tried it, AND IT WORKED! (kinda what Caleb said, but more details available at the link above)