• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CheRRyMan Logo

CherryMan

This is my logo from my website and business card. The colors and better design will evolve. Im really pleased how it turned out since this is my first time using my cutter and applying vinyl. The light green shows up well during the entire day and always looked good with my blue truck The thing I really needed your feedback on was adding a third color to emphasize vinyl advertising to the my local area, not my main business of custom woodwork which is mostly shipped. Please feel free to redesign or add anything you think looks better. Thanks Robert

Attachments

• logo1.jpg
    logo1.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 156
  • 20160209_080214.jpg
    20160209_080214.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 168

Marlene

sorry if this hurts your feelings but that is pretty awful looking. the backwards "R" the the strange letter "C" that you share with two different words makes reading this all most impossible. the color is OK but past that, it is pretty bad. what bothers me is that you don't see that

Gino

Premium Subscriber
He's only interested in how his new cutter and votech are working out. He's already said he's gonna improve on the design. Where will a third color fit in and how ??

:readthread:

He's also accepting free designs if you feel like it.......... :popcorn:

CherryMan

Its OK guys your feedback and criticism are welcomed. The third color is white and adds "Vinyl Graphics". The logo was made compact to be carved on sub enclosures and relay all the info all at one time.

Attachments

• logo1.jpg
    logo1.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 146

OldPaint

ok.........#1.........just because you have a cutter, dont make you a SIGN ARTIST. now saying this, is not ment to hurt your feeling, but YOU need to learn something about art/design/flow/compatibility of text with other text.
what you have........is a mismash of fonts and a backward R......thats it. LOGO??? NOT in this world.
CHERRYMAN.........is this have significance to this business? odd name, will give ya that..........but flipin 1 of the R's DONT MAKE IT A logo)))))
VINYL GRAPHIC's AN AFTER THOUGHT? its out there all by its self. no connected to the rest. pickin out fonts adding colors cant make up for LACK OF DESIGN/ARTISTIC CONTENT. hence it is not a logo but a couple lines of text...........for the name of your business.
can you find some cherries, or cherry blossoms or geo washington chopping one down..........PHONE NUMBER.....why did you "hide" it??? dont want anyone to call you???? SIGN PURPOSE.........1. WHO, 2. WHAT 3. HOW TO CONTACT YOU..........
i suggest you start from the beginning..........and do some research on LOGOS........what they are, how to make them.......this is the hard part about this business......CREATING..........not something that comes with the plotter.

Pat Whatley

Right now it screams 1985 ro me. Also, I don't get the RR part. Just a quick thought...

Attachments

• CHERRYMAN2.jpg
    CHERRYMAN2.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 159

CherryMan

Pat that looks very nice and I completely see the difference between the two and I will correct the C and R. My logo does need to be modernized.

Kottwitz-Graphics

I highly recommend picking up several books and read up. Mastering Layout by Mike Stevens, and both Logo Design for Small Businesses by Dan Antonnelli.

Logos can be difficult for some people to create, and designing one for yourself can be that much more difficult. If you find yourself in this category, there are merchant members on here that specialize in it. Check out Jillbeans or Sign Amigo. Both can create a logo, and they both can do a good job at it.

CherryMan

Thanks for all the advice and tips. Im sorry for the few that seemed annoyed with me thinking I could just buy a cutter and become a graphic artist. That is not my intend
my cutter is only here to compliment my woodworking shop. I have alrdy lined up a vinyl job with a church a simple font with Sunday Schedule mass times on glass doors.
This is where I plan on starting and working my way up and offering simple graphics to my sub enclosure customers with their logos they provide.

Attachments

• Modern Logo.jpg
    Modern Logo.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 156
  • Logo 2.jpg
    Logo 2.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 155

CherryMan

Thanks Pat what software are you using? Im using VCarvePro8 (CnC Software) and importing the DXF files into Graphtec Studio for the cutter. Not impressed with GS so far seems very limiting. No doubt Ill have to upgrade to Corel or Illustrator in the future. Ive changed the website to the new logo looks good.

OldPaint

I AGREE.....MUCH BETTER.....the thing with any creative process......most see the final product.........after many many failures............its called learning))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
iam also a potter. and for every one piece i get off the wheel............there are 2-3 failures)))

Attachments

• potter.jpg
    potter.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 132