• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Chevy "Find New Roads" font

ddubia

I come from a hand-lettering background. Back then I called them "lettering styles". I learned a few from books and made up a lot of my own. When I moved to a computer I have never gotten good at identifying fonts by name. Often I recognize a font or see it in my mind (what's left of it) but cannot identify it by a "font name". I only know a very few that way.

This is a new legend for Chevy called "FIND NEW ROADS". See attachment.

I would appreciate any help I can get. The "R" looks a lot like a Folio font. I have several weights and styles of that but it's a near miss.

Attachments

• chevrolet-find-new-roads_legend.jpg
    chevrolet-find-new-roads_legend.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 2,939

ddubia

Blue Highway is all I have. It's missing the curvy parts on the "R" leg. I don't have a Swiss Cn. Only Swiss 721 Ex BT so I can't check that. Otherwise it is close. I don't have Folio Medium Condensed either. Only Folio Condensed and Folio Medium.

I'll check out all of those suggestions and if one fits I'll buy it.

The "O" is odd but very nice. Could it be a combo of two fonts?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
If you mean draw it myself I think that could be the quickest way.

No. He means that the text, in vector format, can be extracted from page 2 of the PDF file he provided in the link. Or, if you need the entire font, you can purchase the Folio Medium Condensed font I pointed you to in my reply #3.

Steve C.

Blue Highway is all I have. It's missing the curvy parts on the "R" leg. I don't have a Swiss Cn. Only Swiss 721 Ex BT so I can't check that. Otherwise it is close. I don't have Folio Medium Condensed either. Only Folio Condensed and Folio Medium.

I'll check out all of those suggestions and if one fits I'll buy it.

The "O" is odd but very nice. Could it be a combo of two fonts?

Could be, but probably not.

John Butto

this

Just some minor changes to S, O, W and shear tool and it is close, mine is just adjusted with shear.
Helvetica Neue lt std 77 bold condensed oblique

Attachments

• find.jpg
    find.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 1,047