• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Chris Craft boat font?

can anyone help id this font or one close? i will be using for the "port of" portion of a boat name for a 410 Chris Craft Commander, the customer wants it to match.

Attachments

• ChrisLogo.jpg
    ChrisLogo.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 762

SignosaurusRex

I think that the closest thing you might find is an obscure font Called TRAFTON REGULAR HEAVIER, I believe created by Dan Solo. It has some of the same characteristics yet is still so far off and much lighter in weight. I have heard that, according to Chris-Craft's marketing director, there is no established typeface or font, although they have given their blessing for anyone who would like to create an entire font based on the logo....still non are known of. We had a very large project about 2 years ago that use of that typeface/font was requested to be used. An alternate was eventually decided on and approved.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
sorta close is Kinescope at Fontbros.com
the top is stock, the bottom is 5 minutes of modification....

Attachments

• mod-kine.jpg
    mod-kine.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 1,741