• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Clipping Apart part of an Image in Corel?

LUV DEM TIGERS

I am a relative newbie so I need detailed instructions on how to clip apart part of an image. I have an outline of a baseball that consist of two concentric circles. How ever, I only want about the bottom 2/3 of the ball to vinyl cut. How can I "clip off" the top 1/3 of the ball and then join the two circle together on each side so I will end up with about 2/3 of a outline of a baseball?

LUV DEM TIGERS

I am going to play with it tonight, but I am not exactly sure what you mean about drawing the circle and rectangle and then welding. I know I am using the baseball as an example but sometimes I have clipart that I would like to remove portions of so I am trying to learn how to do it.

J Hill Designs

I hope this explains it:

Attachments

• Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 72

LUV DEM TIGERS

Thanks so much. And thanks about the uncheck powerclip center thing. I have had troubles with powerclipping, and that was my problem.

royster13

You may find YouTube videos to be very helpful....For me, it far easy to understand things when seeing them being done in front of me.....

LUV DEM TIGERS

What is the "knife tool" for? I wish you could just draw an intersecting line across the part you want to clip apart and just it.

J Hill Designs

click and hold on one edge of shape, drag to other edge, it will split the shape -- hold shift and it will be a straight line

edit: (in x5) there are two options - split or keep together