• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Color stains on white part fabric sublimation

diltech

Hi,

We have an issue on white fabric when we make sublimation. This [HASHTAG]#problem[/HASHTAG] is on calander, flat bed press too. We use always protection felt but we have stains after heating but we cannot see that before doing. We have more blue stain little [HASHTAG]#dust[/HASHTAG] of fabrics. I clean always calander before i use. I included macro pictures of white fabric after passed into my calander.

Attachments

• P2280240.jpg
    P2280240.jpg
    300.9 KB · Views: 624

wleong

You may need to use a lint roller on the fabric before you sublimate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

diltech

You may need to use a lint roller on the fabric before you sublimate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are you serious? We have to make 300M/day. We looking for a real solution.

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

wleong

Before you find a real solution, perhaps you should find the cause of the problem first.

Last edited:

diltech

Yes I know, I'm here to see if anyone has ever had an issue like this. For the moment, I do not know where it comes from.

Thank

mfatty500

Yes lint roll until all specs are gone, it is a plastic like material Poly is a plastic, so I'm told, so when it heats up it melts in to the fabric, even if you don't really see it before you press.

Andy_warp

The dust and lint could be coming from your printer. We subimate and I work in a pretty dusty shop.
I would say clean at the end of the day...if you stir a bunch of dust off it just goes in the air...let it settle.

It also could be in the material. Do you see this with any other materials? I've seen artifacts like that bloom from either the optical brighteners or fire retardant treatment.

diltech

Finally, we found the source of the problem. The dust comes mainly from the cutting of our nylon fabrics that we make in the workshop. The calender, the sublimation press
are in the same building as the manufacturing workshop (One big building). In winter, it is more obvious because we heat and static is much more present. Some fabrics are more sensitive to static than others and nylon itself is obviously very static.
Nylon dust sticks to our polyester fabric before subliming it and the nylon melts and merges into the fabric which causes these color spots.
This is not obviously a solution to the problem and we try as much as possible to remove the dust on the fabric but there is still a little. At the moment, as much as possible is avoided to put the clean white fabric in contact with the part of the cutter shop, but it would really take a storage and sublimation place to completely isolate from this place.