• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

"Combine" Function in Corelx3

JoySigns

I use this all the time with no problem, but every now and then the two objects refuse to combine and show the background as needed. Does anyone know why it does this? I thought maybe my object was not a closed curve but it is. I have also tried the trim function to no avail. It is driving me crazy!

jiarby

Try ungrouping everything. Look at it in Object Manager to see whats going on. Also CTRL-U, CRTL-K to break everything apart. Then you can reselect & weld.

JoySigns

I've ungrouped, and broke it apart and it still refuses to work right. The object manager shows nothing more than what i think should be there. It is not an ai file, it is something I created myself. Still no luck. Argh!

OldPaint

then its not a CLOSED OBJECT...
look closer to where you joined lines, broke a line, created a line.....
YOU did something....you didnt realize...

Williams Signs

I had this problem not to long ago. It has to do with the two items being on different layers. I had to re draw some of the stuf to be combined and bingo it worked.

JoySigns

You're right it must be open but the Corel toolbar indicates the contrary but for the life of me I can't find it. However I just resolved this by creating a .001 contour around the suspect object, deleted the original and presto it worked! Thanks for your replies guys.

R08

It's a glitch... If you uncombine and then change the path direction of one of the object then re-combine... then it should work. That's the only fix I know of.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I use this all the time with no problem, but every now and then the two objects refuse to combine and show the background as needed. Does anyone know why it does this? I thought maybe my object was not a closed curve but it is. I have also tried the trim function to no avail. It is driving me crazy!

Many times when combining a complex object, that would be one with more than one discrete path, like, say, the letter 'O', an inside path is going in the wrong direction. This combines just fine but it won't show the hole in the fill. And then sometimes it doesn't depending on some principle known only to Corel, apparently. Try reversing any inner paths that seem not to honor the fill.

Combine is a pretty simple-minded function. It merely makes one path out of many without regard to the direction of any path.

SignManiac

A lot of times it's an errant node that may be sitting on top of another one. I had that same issue today but I found the problem. It does happen occasionally and can be a real stumper.

JoySigns

Nevermind, I just found the "reverse curve direction" icon on the toolbar. I don't understand what reversing the direction does though. I never used that before.:rolleyes: