• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Considering replacing our HP800’s with Epson S60600’s - Feedback please

Kemble

We purchased (2) HP800’s back in April 2023 and I can’t stand them. We’ve had BOTH of them already replaced by HP for numerous print quality issues. The new ones aren’t much better. The two new ones we have both struggle with telescoping take up reels, we are constantly dealing with banding issues that we can’t get rid of even after full print head replacements. HP techs have been out to our shop a dozen+ times. I’m at the point of demanding a buy back from HP/Denco.

Having said that… I get an advertisement showing me Epson’s S60600 are on sale for 13k. We are a 3M IJ180CV3 / 8518 wrap shop that prints about 40 rolls a month. I’m wondering what everyone’s feedback is on those machines and what obstacles / processes will we be facing transitioning ? Any feedback/advise will be super appreciated.

Thanks

ikarasu

Have you looked into the Epson Resin? Like HP Latex... but none of the downsides, if youre used to Latex ink.

The S60 is a great machine, fast and good colors... The only downside is handling the rolls right after it prints = fingerprints usually gets in it... Thats the one thing I hated the most when I went from latex to solvent, and the main reason I switched back to Latex. But if that isnt an issue... nothing wrong with the S60s at all, Epson solvents are some of the best solvent printers out there.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
We just added a S60600 after running Rolands for 10 years and it's a game changer. Way faster than what we're used to and quality and colors are great with proper profiling.

I've posted other reviews somewhere else here....but any specific questions just ask.

Kemble

We just added a S60600 after running Rolands for 10 years and it's a game changer. Way faster than what we're used to and quality and colors are great with proper profiling.

I've posted other reviews somewhere else here....but any specific questions just ask.
How long do you wait after printing before you laminate prints?

White Haus

Not a Newbie
How long do you wait after printing before you laminate prints?
We'll usually just laminate next day, but Epson claims only 6 hours are required.

Can print a roll in fairly high quality in 3-4 hours so you could crank out 2 rolls a day then laminate the next day.

hybriddesign

owner Hybrid Design
Love our 60600. It has a few quirks but it's scarily easy to use and generally on vinyl you never have any issues. We had Rolands and Mimaki's before this and the Epson is definitely just simpler and easier to use and the colors are great and it's fast. The only thing we sometimes have issues with is minor head scrapes on banner media and on wall fabrics sometimes we get banding. We often laminate just a couple of hours after printing.

MelloImagingTechnologies

Many years in the Production Business
If you add a BBC infrared dryer in front of the S60 you can immediately laminate your rolls.
I’ve had customers doing it for 20 years going back to the HP9000’s
Bruce

Had similar issues with the HP570, sent that thing to the dump. Bought an Epson 5070 and pretty pleased with it. It's louder I think than the 570 and the print tech complains that the area to cut it is poorly placed so its hard for him to bend down and cut it down there but other than that it prints well. We also run an S80 that we are pleased with. Some of the drawbacks I think with a solvent printer is if you're cutting to shape they have a tendency to curl (you're supposed to off gas them for a day but even when we do that on certain materials you can see the curl). There's a new vinyl from 3m, 280 that's designed specifically for solvent thats supposed to solve that problem.