• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Contour Cut in X3

Doyle

Just wondering if someone could give me some pointers as how to setup a contour cut swatch color for use on my sp300v. And also, how exactly do you apply it to a shape/image? I'm new to corel, I usually work in Flexi, but giving corel a try. Any help would be much appreciated.

Doyle

ChiknNutz

The specifics will be determined a little by the RIP you're using. Still, you need to create a Spot Color in a color palette called either CutPath or CutContour...and it usually has to be spelled exactly as shown. You do this under Tools, Options to get to the color palette editor I believe, to add the new color. Any color will do, I use a Magenta derivative so it's easy to see. When using it around an image, it needs to be an Outline with a hairline width.

You can define it in several ways. X3 has a new feature intended to do this very thing called Boundary, though I wish they would have given you some options for helping to define some bleed into the image or offsets. Other ways are with the Interactive Contour, then applying an Outline with the hairline thickness to the Contour.